Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I finally pulled it on an XD Service 9mm all black, in Central Ohio.

My plan was to install a
Crimson Trace LG-448, but really want a button - type retention holster for it. Any ideas? I have searched this site and Google to no avail.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since you don't have an XDm, I'd go with the CT LG-446. It was the original one for the XDs. It's the one that wraps around your grip so you can use standard holsters without the need to accommodate the LG-448 or any front-mounted laser. Only downside would be if you have smallish hands.

It also fits on an XDm 40 Compact with the size "I" grips (possibly the other XDm variants as well).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for your input Monty - I like the 448 because it doesn't alter the grip size and it is cheaper...
I hear ya... I have some pretty big hands, so the added grip size is actually a plus for me. I have both, and paid about the same price for them (before applying the $50 rebate for the 446).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got one for $158.95 delivered from shooters-resource dot com.
When you say you "got one", I assume you mean the LG-448, not the holster. I have an XDm 45 with an LG-448 and had the same sort of problem, only I also preferred a leather holster as well as retention. I wasn't sold on the Crossbreed Supertuck. I wound up having Little Bear Holsters at www.littlebearholsters.com make me a custom one. The price was comparable to prefab holsters that would've fit without the laser sight.

As with anything custom, you have to wait for them to make it. My experience so far, even though I've not received the finished product yet, has been 100% positive working with Little Bear. Holsters are something I really don't buy very often, but have already spent money on ones that just aren't right or don't work for me. Dave at Little Bear has been outstanding with his patience and information provided to me, even while I was wavering on whether or not to buy from him. Very knowledgeable and working with him has been one most pleasant customer-vendor experiences.

However, if you found a holster, and you weren't talking about the LG-448, please let us know what make and model you found to fit it. I think I've searched the entire Internet... (twice!) and not found anybody that actually makes one for XDm's and LG-448 other than Crossbreed.

Thanks.

So, that explains why I'm ordering night sights on my new XDm 9c 3.8.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found a super nice fellow (Dennis) at Custom Leather Holsters : Talon OWB Holster
that is offering a Leather OWB (Talon) for the Xdm and the Crimson LG-448. He was extremely nice to work with and he appears to have a top quality product for us Xdm/Crimson Trace nuts. They also have many custom options if you plan to open carry as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello All

I finally pulled it on an XD Service 9mm all black, in Central Ohio.

My plan was to install a
Crimson Trace LG-448, but really want a button - type retention holster for it. Any ideas? I have searched this site and Google to no avail.

Thanks

I have used Blackhawk Serpa's with all my pistols that had CTC lasers and they fit perfectly. Take a look and see if you think yours would fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts