Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone,

Just got my MTAC yesterday for my XD45c. Workmanship is great, and the candy that came with it is good too, my only gripe is that it seems very tight.

Their return policy mentions being able to return it but if there are scratch marks on the leather they would charge a "re-stocking" fee. Well, it was so tight out of the box that the leather scratched when I inserted my XD for the first time without even wearing it!

I put the holster on (4 o'clock carry) and tried to draw a few times and the whole thing almost came off my 1.5" Beltman belt.

Is there any way to adjust the 'retention' on the MTACS? Without running the risk of losing some screws.

Thanks,

Leprechaun97

·
Registered
19 Posts
No problem,just back the screwes out a little at a time until you get your desired retention with the supplied allen wrench . If you loosen to much the screw will come out and it will take a little elbow grease to set it back in place with the powerful rubbers that come with the holster.It won't take much to loosen the tension.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Jumpboot nailed it. Back those allen screws out a small bit at a time. Try like a quarter of a turn on each screw and retry the fit. You don't have to wear the holster to get it close. Keep trying the fit and backing the screws out little by little. Once it feels nice when drawing and reholstering (In your hand) put it on and try it out. With the leather backing, the fit should tighten just a tad when you are wearing the holster as opposed to not wearing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts