Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not very often. I don't dryfire either but to give piece of mind I got the PRP pin. No more worries. Plus they are cheap and easy to install.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Get the roll punches from PRP while you are at it. They are very helpful for routine disassembly. Dry practice away. You'll be a better shooter. I would also recommend the PRP drop in trigger. It really is a worthy upgrade. Love mine. So glad I did it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not replaced factory one yet it still is on inmaculate condition after about 300 rounds or so... And about the same on dry firing it. I wonder if SA has recently beefed up the pin as this one seems pretty robust... It is still single layer, but it is very thick.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
About 8k rounds on my factory pin. I don't shot or dry fire this gun much anymore but I did use snap caps when I was dry firing often.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get the roll punches from PRP while you are at it. They are very helpful for routine disassembly. Dry practice away. You'll be a better shooter. I would also recommend the PRP drop in trigger. It really is a worthy upgrade. Love mine. So glad I did it.
+1 on all of the above. You will be amazed at how much better your shooting will be. There are a lot of detailed write-ups, including DIY videos, on this. Not cheap, but you still get more than you pay for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have not replaced factory one yet it still is on inmaculate condition after about 300 rounds or so... And about the same on dry firing it. I wonder if SA has recently beefed up the pin as this one seems pretty robust... It is still single layer, but it is very thick.
i think ur rite. they mite beefed it up.it looks little thik

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About 8k rounds on my factory pin. I don't shot or dry fire this gun much anymore but I did use snap caps when I was dry firing often.
i got bt 200 rounds thru mine. will be putn more soon no issues so far. i will b getn snap caps tho. cuz dryfiring helps to teach others on the trigger pull

·
Registered
356 Posts
My first total pistol break down on XDM i bent mine which led to malfunctions and was up front an honest with springfield about me being a RAtard and they replaced for free:) Which is why springfield is the best customer service i have ever delt with EVER!!! But like others said PRP is the place to go.
layz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts