Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experiece with replacing the factory 3 dot sights with TRUGLO sights. Do you need to have a gunsmith perform this or is it something I can tackle on my own. :?:

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need sight pushers, front and rear. You might be able to get them both for about $150.

Most gun dealers will do it for you free with the sights.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used a 1/4'' brass punch and a ballpien hammer. Mine gave little resistience but came out. and installing the TFOs were just as easy. If you are mechaniclly incline then it should be easy. Use the lines on the dove tails to center the sights. There is a way the sights come out, Left to right, or right to left. I think left to right. I took the tip from Ajames.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey guys,

Do those TRUGLO TFOs change your POA/POI?

After seeing your pictures, I'm VERY interested in a set of those for my wife's XD and maybe my Walther P99. Very cool lookin, and functional too, I bet!

-stunks

·
Registered
82 Posts
stunksinatl said:
Hey guys,

Do those TRUGLO TFOs change your POA/POI?

After seeing your pictures, I'm VERY interested in a set of those for my wife's XD and maybe my Walther P99. Very cool lookin, and functional too, I bet!

-stunks
I'm new to shooting /guns so I couldn't tell any immediate difference in Point of aim

I was shooting point of aim with the stock sights and I'm shooting point of aim with the TFOs my grouping remained the same so I don't think there is any change with the TFOs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts