Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been awhile since I've writen any posts, but my anniversary present, Brand new SA-XD(m) 3.8 40, has renewed my motavation! Im still kinda in shock since Ive been drooling over this gun since it came out! :cool:

Havent got a chance to put any rounds through it yet, but Im counting the days. Any advice of what add-on goodies/CC trigger upgrades, good cc holster, etc are always welcome!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You must have a great wife. Nice present!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
PRP ultimate kit with polished striker and sear with revised geometry will make the trigger into something to really brag about.

PRP Ultimate Match Target XDM Trigger Kit

XD/XDM Striker

Nothing else is really needed.

If you don't want to spend the $$, getting the basic kit, using the factory springs and then polishing the sear, striker etc yourself will still give excellent results. It will just have a bit of creep as the sear still has OEM geometry to pull the striker out slightly before firing.
XDM Trigger Kit, Easy Fit - PRP~ XD & XDM Perfection!

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Get a CBST holster. Any other money should be spent on ammo and training. No need for trigger jobs or fancy sights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"You must have a great wife. Nice present!"

yes i do! lol :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PRP ultimate kit with polished striker and sear with revised geometry will make the trigger into something to really brag about.

PRP Ultimate Match Target XDM Trigger Kit

XD/XDM Striker

Nothing else is really needed.

If you don't want to spend the $$, getting the basic kit, using the factory springs and then polishing the sear, striker etc yourself will still give excellent results. It will just have a bit of creep as the sear still has OEM geometry to pull the striker out slightly before firing.
XDM Trigger Kit, Easy Fit - PRP~ XD & XDM Perfection!

thats pretty much what I had in mind, the striker was a nice add-on though. never gave it much thought before. Thanks for the good insight! I think Im gonna try Canyon Creeks Tungsten guide rod with a 24# spring as well, Im not sure but I dont think that PRP make one for the 3.8. anyways Kudos for the info!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
thats pretty much what I had in mind, the striker was a nice add-on though. never gave it much thought before. Thanks for the good insight! I think Im gonna try Canyon Creeks Tungsten guide rod with a 24# spring as well, Im not sure but I dont think that PRP make one for the 3.8. anyways Kudos for the info!

I wasn't aware that there were heavy rods for the 3.8" models. I stuffed and soldered tungsten rods into the hollow 4.5" XDm guide rod and it makes a distinct improvement. The front weighting helps steady the gun when aiming and reduces muzzle flip.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't aware that there were heavy rods for the 3.8" models. I stuffed and soldered tungsten rods into the hollow 4.5" XDm guide rod and it makes a distinct improvement. The front weighting helps steady the gun when aiming and reduces muzzle flip.

Canyon Creek made one but has since took it off the market. :( I contacted them to see what the deal was and he said that he wasnt happy with its performance.

XDm 3.8 Tungsten guide rod

But I did get the PRP Ultimate match trigger and polished striker! it came in the other day! cant wait to get home and put it in!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Be sure to get photos of the install and show the before compared to the after.

I don't have the revised sear, but the rest of the PRP parts are very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts