Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RRA Entry Operator 2, and love it so far. My only complaint is that the hand guard is only a quad rail setup on the front end of the hand rail, and the bottom rail is only long enough for one item. I'm wanting to replace it with a different one that has quad rails all the way back, so I can move my grip in closer, and install a bipod on the front of that rail. The handguard is a free floating aluminum that has a barrel nut, like the one on the half quad rails currently on. RRA recommends having a gunsmith make the switch, but I was wondering how difficult it is for a black rifle newbie.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a RRA Entry Operator 2, and love it so far. My only complaint is that the hand guard is only a quad rail setup on the front end of the hand rail, and the bottom rail is only long enough for one item. I'm wanting to replace it with a different one that has quad rails all the way back, so I can move my grip in closer, and install a bipod on the front of that rail. The handguard is a free floating aluminum that has a barrel nut, like the one on the half quad rails currently on. RRA recommends having a gunsmith make the switch, but I was wondering how difficult it is for a black rifle newbie.
I have the same rifle except I have the full quad rail system.. I wanted the handgaurd you have and you want the one I have...:shock: If you can find an easy way to get them off Ill just trade ya.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the Tactical Operator 2? I wanted that one but orders were 2-3 months and the only one I found in stock was the Entry Operator 2 :(

I have the same rifle except I have the full quad rail system.. I wanted the handgaurd you have and you want the one I have...:shock: If you can find an easy way to get them off Ill just trade ya.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like it obviously involves some tools I don't have. The multi tool, a vise, and it looks like some type of adapter to hold the receiver in while in the vise.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly right..and the gun I wanted :(

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You will need the right tools.
AR tool - don't go cheap here, the cheap stuff will flex and strip out on you - you don't want that.

You'll need the lower AR15 vise adapter. Fits like a glove and locks in perfectly.

I swapped out my Colt's LE6920 plastic handguard for a 7" Larue rail:

was pretty easy with the right tools:

good luck! Just take your time and it will come together.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably 100 or so. I got it last week and received the scope on Wednesday so I finally got to shoot it and sight scope before I left town on Thursday. I planned on shooting the full 250 rounds I had with me, but was pressed for time having to hurry and get kids before school was out. Basically its still brand new.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Probably 100 or so. I got it last week and received the scope on Wednesday so I finally got to shoot it and sight scope before I left town on Thursday. I planned on shooting the full 250 rounds I had with me, but was pressed for time having to hurry and get kids before school was out. Basically its still brand new.
Does it bother you I have around 600 through mine? If not let me sleep on it and get back at you tommorrow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not as long as it's not beat up or anything, which I doubt being that new. Not sure how we would go about it, but if we could come up with a way that we both feel comfortable I would consider it as well.

Does it bother you I have around 600 through mine? If not let me sleep on it and get back at you tommorrow.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not as long as it's not beat up or anything, which I doubt being that new. Not sure how we would go about it, but if we could come up with a way that we both feel comfortable I would consider it as well.
I have to exchange pictures at least. No not beat up Im pretty anal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to exchange pictures at least. No not beat up Im pretty anal.
Oh for sure. Let me send you a few I have with me taken with my cell. If you want closer up I'll have to wait until the weekend when i get back home, or see if my wife can do it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Oh for sure. Let me send you a few I have with me taken with my cell. If you want closer up I'll have to wait until the weekend when i get back home, or see if my can do it.
Im in the process of moveing and mines at my brothers house. Ill get pics tomorrow..

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Looks like a great deal for both...:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts