Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice work...The only thing I would add is........

Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
Unload handgun, remove all ammunition from the working area.
Make sure your handgun is unloaded.

something like that...nice work.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I was wondering if that was you on Ebay. Whats the overall length of the release?

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Wow!! Good exclamation and guide. I did it just
to do it. Instructions work AOK.

Ed :)

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Excellent tutorial, Darren....Thank you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been making them 34mm long, but I'm not yet convinced that is a good length...might be a tad too long. 32mm may be better.

Darren

R Dub said:
I was wondering if that was you on Ebay. Whats the overall length of the release?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also started making what I thought would be USPSA Production legal releases but I found out in another thread that they wouldn't be legal if I make them. ....I can modify the factory release like Rich and Bar Sto, but not make it from scratch. Oh well.

Darren

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
ExtremeShot said:
I also started making what I thought would be USPSA Production legal releases but I found out in another thread that they wouldn't be legal if I make them.
I am not sure this is the case. If the SA Custom Shop has an extended release, doesn't that allow you the ability to use any extended release, regardless of the manufacturer? I may be wrong on this. I do know that a lot of guys are shooting Production with 3rd party mag releases, especially the Glock guys. As long as it is not a big botton or paddle, I think you are good. I ask the USPSA judges of XDTalk for clarification and corrections.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out this thread I started on BrianEnos.com about this subject:
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=30446

Old School said:
ExtremeShot said:
I also started making what I thought would be USPSA Production legal releases but I found out in another thread that they wouldn't be legal if I make them.
I am not sure this is the case. If the SA Custom Shop has an extended release, doesn't that allow you the ability to use any extended release, regardless of the manufacturer? I may be wrong on this. I do know that a lot of guys are shooting Production with 3rd party mag releases, especially the Glock guys. As long as it is not a big botton or paddle, I think you are good. I ask the USPSA judges of XDTalk for clarification and corrections.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good idea. I'm adding your wording now. Thanks for the suggestion!
Darren

slowburn said:
Nice work...The only thing I would add is........

Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
Unload handgun, remove all ammunition from the working area.
Make sure your handgun is unloaded.

something like that...nice work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I installed one of Darrin's extended mag releases today. It was a breeze to install. The extra length is the ticket for reloads without grip change.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave,

I just replied to your email but it bounced back. I take it you were finally able to figure out how to print the pictures in the tutorial?

Darren

Airedale said:
I installed one of Darrin's extended mag releases today. It was a breeze to install. The extra length is the ticket for reloads without grip change.
Thanks,
Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts