Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you get on me about looking it up, this isn't a standard removal. I had the slide off and had the sights replaced. I was tickled about getting the sights done and put the slide back on WITHOUT replacing the barrel and recoil spring and guide rod. It had no sooner locked in place when I realized what I had done. Now, I can't remove the slide. I'm baffled as to why. Help please!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
With the take down leaver up and the grip safety depressed push the slide forward to where it should normally be and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
With the take down leaver up and the grip safety depressed push the slide forward to where it should normally be and pull the trigger.
Yupp, I forgot to add the part of holding the gun to push the grip safety....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that did it. I was pulling the trigger and then pulling the slide forward. Pulling forward until the striker status indicator was sticking out and then pulling the trigger was the key. Thanks guys, its my first XD and am still learning about it. Tomorrow it goes to the range for sighting since I had the sights changed out. I put the stock sights back in.

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Braz.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I was really glad to get the assistance as I wanted to sight it in tomorrow and then shoot my first IDPA match with it on Sunday. My little S&W 3913 is a great little carry piece but just doesnt' get it in competition. This tactical, hopefully, will do a much better job.

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
My XD9 Tactical has served me well in IDPA competitions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts