Tnx in advance!

SAS

·
Registered
460 Posts
according to remington...
Remington Oils & Lubricants

Rem™ Oil
The most versatile gun oil you can buy. It cleans dirt and grime from exposed metal surfaces, displaces non-visible moisture from metal pores, and protects internal and external metal parts from rust and corrosion. Its exclusive Teflon® formula provides a tough, thin, long-lasting lubricating film that keeps actions working smoothly by reducing metal-to-metal wear. Comes in a 1-oz. and 2-oz. squeeze bottles, 4-oz. and 10-oz. aerosol cans, or in handy new wipes (12 individually foil wrapped 6" x 8" wipes per pack).
I use it as a cleaning fluid, lubricant, wood treatment, rust protection - in general an all around 'time to clean my gun' fluid.

If i have to get down and dirty i grab the Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber.... and then hose down the gun with rem oil when i'm done :p

A+ product... i've used it for years on my long guns and continue to use it on my pistols.

Only thing i've played with that comes close is G93 Gun Treatment although i've only been exposed to this product for a couple months so i cant stand by it like i do my Rem Oil. :)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
It's all I use when cleaning my guns after a range session. I spray it on/in all parts, let it sit for a few minutes and then either wipe down or blow out the dirty residue.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I use it for almost every thing on guns. It is great for knives too...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for Your answers!
I was not sure , because I am using Hoppe`s 9 cleaning kit now , and it includes two different bottles (solvent and oil).
Best Regards,
SAS

PS Teflon in RemOil?
It did not say anything about Teflon stuff on my RemOil can.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I actually use as a rust prevention. I coat my guns with it when they go into storage. Does its job and makes them look flawless.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think RemOil is at its best in applications where a heavier oil (which I normally prefer) might gum up due to extreme cold, etc. Hoppe's No. 9 will actually serve that same function. I tried using RemOil on an old 870RS a few years ago and decided at that point that it was a pretty poor rust preventative.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've used remoil for years and i think it is a very good product, however, i just used break-free CLP for the first time and i have to say it is 10 times better. It's what I'll be using from here on out, along with hoppe's #9 elite.

·
Registered
127 Posts
RemOil is pretty good. Ive been uning it for 3 years now and have yet to have a problem with it. I use it as a lubricant

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
It's what I take to Marine Corps rifle ranges when I'm coaching, I just walk down the line and a whole can usually lubes up 150 shooters 4 times a week, maybe as long as 2 weeks if Marines actually clean their rifles day to day.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I use it on all my firearms.

If I get a stubborn chamber or barrel, out comes my Hoppes #9, other than that, it's just straight RemOil for me.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I like using it for minor lube and to clean blued and Park'd surfaces. The Park'd finish really soaks up the rem-oil nicely without being to oily.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've got it in a spray can and also a little bottle, and I've got no complaints with it. I use it as libricant/rust protection.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
RemOil is amazing, cuts right through grime. It's not the best lubricant, but it's adequate. I usually use RemOil to clean my guns then a lil Breakfree CLP on the rails and high-friction areas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts