Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
walmart has remington umg 45 hollow point for $32.00 a box of 100.
I have also found a great deal online for CCI Blazer aluminum FMJ.
Would appreciate experiences with both of these ammos.
want the FMJ for range use and the HP for self protection.
anyone have any experience with these ammos?
I have always been a glock man (sorry guys) but have heard great things about the XD and XDM
I have my first Springfield coming next week (xdm-45 bitone) and need to start stocking up on ammo.
Cant believe I ordered my gun online 2 days before the 3 free magazine deal springfield just started. Oh well if it shoots well I will still be happy.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Those HP are not suitable for SD. Don't go cheap on SD hollow points.

·
Registered
29,750 Posts
I'da stuck with the Glocks, m'self...;)

But, as far as the ammo is concerned, the Blazer is just hunky dory as far as range ammo.

For defensive ammo, I wouldn't run with the Remington. Their perfromance is not likely going to be much better than ball, especially when going through clothing. I'd recommend reading this, as it not only recommends certain rounds, but also explains why:

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

And choose one of the rounds listed under .45. Then, buy a box (keeping in mind that performance-wise, they arell pretty much equal...beyond that, some are consdierably more expensive and/or harder to find than others) and see if your pistol is 100% reliable with it, and if you like it's accuracy and control in rapid fire. Fire at least one entire magazine from every magazine you plan on using for carry/SD purposes. If it feeds reliably, and shoots well for you, buy some more...you've got a carry load that works in YOUR pistol, not some anonymous interwebs expert.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys I will order the CCI for range use.
I have always used speer gold dots in my glocks for SD guess I will stop being a cheap B...tard and order some of those.

Cuda I love my glock 26 and 17 but wanted a 45 caliber.
I was considering the glock 21 but decided to give the xdm-45 a try because my friend has both and said the xdm is his favorite and more accurate.
unfortunately he lives to far away for me to have tried out his guns to see for myself
figure I can always sell the xdm if I dont like it then buy the glock

·
Registered
29,750 Posts
Just bear in mind that just because your Glocks liked a certain round, it doesn't necessarily mean your XD will.

Trust, but verify.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just bear in mind that just because your Glocks liked a certain round, it doesn't necessarily mean your XD will.

Trust, but verify.
agreed I always test a couple mags of PD ammo before carrying it.
gotta say speer has worked well in my glocks, ruger lCP and revolvers so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts