Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up 1,000 rounds of this stuff at Cope's Distributing. $99 per 500 rounds with a $9.99 flat rate shipping for the entire order. I usually see the 115gr variety which I normally avoid unless it's ridiculously priced. Most of my ammo are of 124gr and 147gr variety.

Any experience with this brand of ammo? Good/Bad?

Here's the link, in case anyone is interested.

Cope's Distributing

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I don't have any experience with that ammo, but it's pretty had to mess up 147gr 9mm. As long as it doesn't get stuck in the barrel or blow up the gun, then it'll probably function just fine :D

I really enjoy the heavier stuff in 9mm.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any experience with that ammo, but it's pretty had to mess up 147gr 9mm. As long as it doesn't get stuck in the barrel or blow up the gun, then it'll probably function just fine :D

I really enjoy the heavier stuff in 9mm.
Let's hope not as I've got 1,000 rounds of this stuff coming in a couple of days. Best price I've seen for 147gr ammo. Most of the other stores are selling this for $15 a box + shipping (or tax).

Plus it's Remington factory ammo - what could possibly go wrong? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I just watched a U-Tube vid last night of someone testing out the new XDm Competition models in the various calibers and he was shooting those UMC 147's in his 9mm version of that gun with good success.

My experience with UMC ammo is that it works in my guns but is a bit on the dirty side. If you reload you will find the brass is (like other Remington brass) a bit thinner than some others, but acceptable, as long as you have a good full length resizing die especially in 9mm where the slightly tapered case will otherwise allow for bullet setback if not properly sized. If you load lead, which is typically slightly larger than jacketed bullets it is not so much of a concern.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10.40 actually, factor in shipping costs.

Walmart Federal is 115gr. for i think 7.99/box of 50

plinking ammo is plinking ammo if you ask me...
Hmmm, I've never seen $7.99 per box for brass cased ammo in a long time. Maybe Tulammo steel cased.

I did buy more than just the 9mm ammo. Spent about $400 with only $9.99 total shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally, I dont like the UMC ammo. It is dirty as can be, and the powder never seems to be right. The couple boxes I have picked up throw still burning powder out the end of the barrel. Not hurting anything, just obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i haven't bought them in a while, so that could be a dollar or two off. i have been shooting steel cased 9mm ammo for a while now.
Nothing wrong with steel and I have a few cases stocked up. However, my shooting range require brass cased so I get those too when priced right.

You must have got a stockpile if you had not bought ammo recently. $9-$10 per box is the cheapest brass cased ammo I've seen in the past year or so.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it sucks, but most indoor ranges here in Houston require brass cased ammo. Not only that, I can't use steel cores.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
My local Wally Worlds have the 115 grain stuff for $11.47/50, I think. SGAmmo carries Speer Lawman 147 grain sub-sonic for $219.80/1000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts