Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been running the Remington umc bucket of bullets in my .45 and 9mm with no issues. Stuff was really dirty, but all fired fine. A couple months ago bough a bucket of .22 to run thru my, I guess its a stevens model 85 I think, name on it is a wards western field, dad gave it to me for my son, and his dad gave it to him, things old and pretty neat, but different story... Anyway, the Remington ammo had failures to feed and eject out of it. Figured gun and or mags were dirty, cleaned them, no change. Fast forward to today, had gotten my son an M&P 15-22 for Christmas, and we took it out today, and had the same issues. Failure to feed and eject. I had cleaned and oiled the gun prior to shooting.

Anyone have issues with this stuff? Only reason I bought it is its dirt cheap, was something like 60 bucks for 1400 rounds, and the handgun ammo was the,cheapest at the sportsmans near me, and that ran good thru both pistols.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If I remember right, the 15-22 manual states specifically not to use Remington ammo. Specifically the Thunderbolt version, but I assume the UMC is not much better. I tried UMC in my 15-22 and stopped fighting that battle after the first magazine full of failures. CCI mini-mags, Federal, and even Winchester M22 all have run very well for me. The M22 is supposed to be a cheap dirty ammo, but I've never had any problems with it. It's shot 1000 rounds of it so far with no reliability issues so far.

As far as Remington ammo goes, I've never had any good luck with, regardless of caliber. In my old .40 XDM, UMC rounds would spit sparks out of the barrel and have a failure to feed occasionally. Haven't bought any since then.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember right, the 15-22 manual states specifically not to use Remington ammo. Specifically the Thunderbolt version, but I assume the UMC is not much better. I tried UMC in my 15-22 and stopped fighting that battle after the first magazine full of failures. CCI mini-mags, Federal, and even Winchester M22 all have run very well for me. The M22 is supposed to be a cheap dirty ammo, but I've never had any problems with it. It's shot 1000 rounds of it so far with no reliability issues so far.

As far as Remington ammo goes, I've never had any good luck with, regardless of caliber. In my old .40 XDM, UMC rounds would spit sparks out of the barrel and have a failure to feed occasionally. Haven't bought any since then.
Thanks for the reply. I read the manual, and dont rememeber seeing that about the ammo. But makes sense. The older rifle came with about 400 rounds of some Peter's ammo I think is what was on the box, but it looks old as hell, but the gun didnt have any issue running it. Unfortunately, my kid shot all that stuff. Guess I'm buying some more 22 ammo to see if it runs good... Seems a shame to let 1000 rounds or so go more or less to waste...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts