Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pick up one more AR15 before the election.

I can get a Remington R15 for a pretty nice price (20% off of sticker). From what I have managed to dig up on the net these are decent rifles. I know they are made by Bushmaster. And the trigger is by Remington.

Anyone have any experience with these rifles?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I want to pick up one more AR15 before the election.

I can get a Remington R15 for a pretty nice price (20% off of sticker). From what I have managed to dig up on the net these are decent rifles. I know they are made by Bushmaster. And the trigger is by Remington.

Anyone have any experience with these rifles?
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/82448-new-r15.html

mudkat got one, you might PM him about his thoughts. he seems to like it from the thread.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, but I'm pretty sure that they're just relabled Bushmasters, including the trigger.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I like My R-15, dunno about the trigger. Mine has a single stage trigger, pretty decent without much creep at all.

Mine has made a great coyote hunting rig.

no regrets on getting it.:cool:

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
so how much would you be paying for it cannibul, whats 20% off MSRP end up being, just curious.

I saw one at the local shop last week, looked fine, i didnt ask to pic it up.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do believe that the cost at the shop is $869.99

So with the discount I would pay $696

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
$696 would be a decent price just for the upper. If I could get that rifle @ $696, I'd by a couple of 'em!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
That's a great buy.... get it while you can !

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
this same r15 canni ?

Remington Model R-15 VTR™ Modular Repeating Rifles
says MSRP is $1100 approx average i would say of the sub variants.

maybe its a mistake on their part, if you dont feel bad about it, i would jump at it, the one at my local shop was cammo like the one on the web site, is the one you want cammo?

if thats what you want and can get it for $696 out the door thats seems to be a steal to me.

I haven't heard much about these r15, but if all or most of the accessories fit on them, and they are modular like all the other well known AR15 makers, it seems like a deal. I do like remmingtons.

I wish ruger, sig, and glock would make AR15 just for more competition.

Not to throw a wrench in your plans, or dis this rifle, but i gotta ask the experts is something wrong with the remmy or why is this gun not talked about in other threads, i have only seen a few reviews on it, and only seen it in a few shops, is something holding back the popularity of this unit?

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I think its the fact thats its Camo... and marketed as a hunting rifle.

I guess thats puts alot of the purist black rifle types off.

As far as being the same as other ar's, yes its the same thing. just with camo and remington rollmarks.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are three models. Not sure which one the store has.

MSRP doesn't mean much. The rifle was either $870 or $900.

I get a 20% discount at this place because the wife works for the company. :twisted:

All the Remington models are Camo. None have a muzzle device. None have bayonet lugs. So they are not Evil Black Rifles. They are Fun Camo Rifles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a R15 .223 carbine 18" and I really like it. I picked up the R15 as a hunting rifle for coyotes, foxes and as a rifle for Appleseed events. It has a target crown instead of a flash hider and the fluted barrel is quite a bit lighter than a heavy bull barreled upper from some of the other makers. It shoots better than the M4gery Bushmaster that I also have. Plus I think the camo is cool. I realize these 2 ARs have 2 completely different intended uses and I use them as such. If you are after a hunting rifle or accurate paper puncher that you will be carrying while hunting I would recomend it to you. If you are ater a bench rest gun that you only carry from the truck to the bench then a heavy barrel would be a better choice. If you are wanting a elbows in kicking the door in rapid fire assault type weapon then the R15 probably isn't for you either. But for what I use it for it works great and I would buy it again for sure. By the way that sounds like a great price to me mine was $869 before taxes and I thought that was a good deal after looking around some. I now have a 3-9x40 Bushnell scope on it instead of the 1.5-4.5 Swift that is in the picture simply because I moved the Swift to my 10/22. I would like to pick up some better glass for it but it does work ok. The stock R15 trigger is decent (much better than the Bushmaster) but I will most likely replace it sometime down the road. 3 days until coyote season here in Indiana I cannot wait!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Heh, i'll post a pic of mine too i guess

only pic i have on the pc. not a real good closeup :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
What bipod is that and do you like it? I've been kicking around the idea of one for a while but usually use shooting sticks unless I am in the prone.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
What bipod is that and do you like it? I've been kicking around the idea of one for a while but usually use shooting sticks unless I am in the prone.

Thats a cheap walmart bipod.. it does the job its needs to do.

i also have a Harris that is longer that i use for sitting and calling yotes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts