Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and it sure seems like alot of action here. I recently purchased a camo Remington R15 VTR from a friend needing the money but it has the collapsible/expandable stock and I'd really prefer the standard stock, anyone like to work out a trade? Thanks for the help gang.

·
Registered
780 Posts
New to the forum and it sure seems like alot of action here. I recently purchased a camo Remington R15 VTR from a friend needing the money but it has the collapsible/expandable stock and I'd really prefer the standard stock, anyone like to work out a trade? Thanks for the help gang.
You need to earn street cred here 2 posts wont equal a trade... sorry man!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Cuda, I looked at the Brownells' site and couldn't find any camo'd Remington stocks. Got a direct link?

If nothing else, maybe you could call Remington and see if they'll sell you one.

Of course, you could always choose to camo it yourself. I'm pretty sure you could get a roll of Advantage® MAX-1 HD™camo from liquidprint in Texas in one of the dipkits.

Plus you'd be able to do your hunting magazines, scope, scope rings, etc so the whole gun will be covered.

Although not the same pattern as what's on your gun, I did my two to match my hunting terrain.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Never saw the OP was looking particularly for a camo stock; my point was that Brownell's pretty has tons of replacement stocks for his rifle, all he has to do is look.

A Magpul UBR in Foliage or OD would probably work peachy for him. That ACE that you have on your rifle would work well too, even if left in black (although I think, and you could confrm, that he'd probably have to get a rifle buffer and buffer spring for that one, where the UBR uses the carbine length recoil system his R15 already has).

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
A Magpul UBR in Foliage or OD would probably work peachy for him. That ACE that you have on your rifle would work well too, even if left in black (although I think, and you could confrm, that he'd probably have to get a rifle buffer and buffer spring for that one, where the UBR uses the carbine length recoil system his R15 already has).
Yes, the Ace (and even the A2) requires using a rifle length buffer tube and spring, and buffer.

The UBR you mentioned comes with its' own tube if memory serves me correctly. But he's wanting an A2 according to his OP.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Yes, the Ace (and even the A2) requires using a rifle length buffer tube and spring, and buffer.

The UBR you mentioned comes with its' own tube if memory serves me correctly. But he's wanting an A2 according to his OP.
The UBR extends almost to A2 length...and yes, it comes with it's own tube.

I'm rather fond of mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a new R15 with the regular stock. I will trade for a collapsable one.
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
was going to say i'd trade my a2 but mines black so go with the other guy. If it doesn't work out PM me, I'll see if my sister can find it (she has all my stuff right now)

·
Registered
2 Posts
FYI for all you R15 A2 owners looking for that elusive collapsible stock, you can get it through Bushmaster. I downloaded the full pdf. catalog off there sight and they carry if for $140.00 .... I just got one from them, let me tell you its a perfect match, texture and sheen. Bad news for you collapsible stock owners looking for an A2 in advantage Max 1..... for some reason nobody makes it! Oh and if you live in an AWB state (like my unlucky self) Bushy wont send the collapsible to you because its not pinned, nor will they do it for you. I had to get it sent to Pennsylvania and then pin it myself. Just an FYI cause I was looking for the camo CS forever!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts