Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shooting my R1 in the Everglades at a hunting club and noticed the rear sight had worked loose. I put the gun down to reload the magazine and the rear sight slipped off in the long grass never to be seen again.
Question: What kind of sights can I replace the rear sight with? I know some have GI cuts and some Novak cuts. Remington is not too forthcoming with info for parts on their website. Should I put a different type of sight in?
To be honest, I was having fun just shooting using the rear sight and eyeballing it. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd contact Remington about it. Either way, if the rear sight fell out I'd think that meant the sight was out of spec, the cut was out of spec, or both. Easier to get Remington to fix it I'd think.
Thanks Ghost. Remington agrees with you and is requesting I ship the whole pistol back for them to examine the dovetail cut on the slide and replace the sight.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, as Luke Skywalker said, I have a bad feeling about this.... Remington, or rather E-RPC, wanted me to ship the R1 back to them to inspect the slide. Great. Today I received in the mail a preprinted Next Day UPS air BAG... no box, no instructions, nothing. I called E-RPC and the service rep said "it is supposed to have instructions" then she came back to say " My media department said we aren;t doing that anymore. Just write down what's wrong with the gun".
My first red flag was they generated the ticket via serial number to issue the return bag, shouldn't they know what's up with this gun already? Second, the operator told me to just dump the gun into the bag, no box, no case (that will get seperated at the factory, she said), no nothing. Just gun and shipping bag. I put the pistol in a padded envelope at least then put foam peanuts in the bag. I am worried that the gun will come back just in the bag. At least it is next day air they are paying for but the whole thing makes me nervous.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
When you take the gun to UPS (UPS Store), they will put the gun into a box and put all the info on the box to be shipped. From what I have read on another site dedicated to 1911's, Remington does want the gun back to see what issues that they have with this gun. That is why they have that "Platinum Service" plan and offer one "free" cleaning in the first year of ownership.
One person had written that he had sent his in for this service and when he got it back, things he didn't know were "wrong" had been fixed/replaced and all the "idiot" scratches he had made unintentionally on the gun were gone and the gun was totally refinished!
All in all I think that is a sweet deal.:cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the gun back on Tuesday when I shipped on Thursday. Pretty good! They also sent the gun back in a new "green case" the gun came in. That was a nice gesture. Gun fixed and all seems well. I am pleased with Remington;s service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts