Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the new Assault Weapons Ban is enacted, we can say goodbye to buying new AR's with tactical features such as flash suppressors, bayonett lugs, 30 round mags, collapsing stocks, and vertical foregrips. We will probably be limited to something like this, the Remington R-15, with a fixed stock, non-threaded muzzle, and 5 round magazine (legal for hunting). It's a clean, good looking rifle, but not a lot of options.

P.S. I know that it is a rebadged Bushmaster, so please don't harp on that. It has a specially tuned trigger and light weight fluted barrel. I handled one and it is nice. The camo looks very good and there is enough flat black on the gun so that a flat black scope would look good. With the forward two sling mounts, you could attach a bipod and a sling. The gas block has no Weaver rail, but Bushmaster sells a YHM clamp-on folding front sight for their modular AR's that might fit. This is the 18" carbine with fixed A2 stock. Remington also sells a 22" fixed stock rifle version and a collapsing stock 18" version.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Nope. No go. Still an evil assault rifle. Gonna hafta cut that pistol grip off!

And ............. paint it blaze orange or else it is gonna scare the children. ;)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
That rifle gets high reviews from varmint hunters and is said to be extremely accurate. As far as tactical, it will serve as a fine tactical rig in a pinch. I dont know about most but not too many wars these days are fought with boynet charges.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
grrrrr its so absurd. Like someone cant hunt with an AK, or kill an important figure, their kid, or a bank clerk with a zip gun made out of pipe. The overall aburdity is what drives me the most crazy.

The fact the last ban helped none, and gun ownership is proven to be a deterant to crime ... well i just dont understand how going back to 1992 qualifies for "change" it sounds like a broken record to me. The record needs to be changed. I am sick of hearing the same **** from the same folks who think 6 months in iraq was time to give up and come home, but they think banning guns is a lifetime worthy cause to spend time on. No amount of time is to long to wait for the most miniscule evidence to support ones hair brained ideas.

the end is near. As a species we are getting dumber by the day.

ps i would hunt with that rifle but i would also hunt with my sks and would hunt with any gun .... evil features or not. They surely dont HURT the animal hunting function. I agree with the poster the cammo looks well done on those remmys atleast the ones i have seen in person. Very good quality, looks like it would last a long long time.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
That is exactly what AR's looked like from the factory from 1994 to 2004 minus the camo job. FWIW, That is basically a postban rig.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to my local Dick's Sporting Goods to check out their Remington R-15. If they had an 18" fixed stock carbine version, I probably would have bought one. Alas, they only carry the 22" rifle version for now. It was very nice and handed and balanced well for a long gun. Their was a very slight amount of play somewhere between the foregrip and lower. The take down pin could be pushed with light finger pressure, much easier than on my RRA, so it may be a little upper lower play that could be corrected with an Accu Wedge. For a targte/varmint rifle, I would expect zero play. The 18" carbine has better proportions to my eye and weighs even less. I am not a fan of the collapsing stock version. There is no hurry to buy it. If a new AWB is passed, the R-15 will likely still be available to buy. It comes with a 5 round mag to be legal for hunting, but 20/30 round AR mags would fit. With the low profile gas block, it is not designed for a front BUIS. The work around would be YHM's B.M.A.S. clamp-on folding front sight, but that would defeat the minimalist front end look and add weight. It is meant to be carried around all day, not for busting down doors.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
grrrrr its so absurd. Like someone cant hunt with an AK, or kill an important figure, their kid, or a bank clerk with a zip gun made out of pipe. The overall aburdity is what drives me the most crazy.

The fact the last ban helped none, and gun ownership is proven to be a deterant to crime ... well i just dont understand how going back to 1992 qualifies for "change" it sounds like a broken record to me. The record needs to be changed. I am sick of hearing the same **** from the same folks who think 6 months in iraq was time to give up and come home, but they think banning guns is a lifetime worthy cause to spend time on. No amount of time is to long to wait for the most miniscule evidence to support ones hair brained ideas.

the end is near. As a species we are getting dumber by the day.

ps i would hunt with that rifle but i would also hunt with my sks and would hunt with any gun .... evil features or not. They surely dont HURT the animal hunting function. I agree with the poster the cammo looks well done on those remmys atleast the ones i have seen in person. Very good quality, looks like it would last a long long time.
Welcome to the leftist, libtard world of guns!!!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
My R-15 makes a great coyote busting rig :twisted:.

But as far as options.... yeah its pretty bare for a tactical rig.

at least it should conform to future AWB's !!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
it's a Fudd gun :p
If it gets a Fudd worried about Obama taking away his guns I'm all for it.

FWIW I'm about 1/2 Fudd anyways. I have way more hunting guns than "Tactical" guns. I got my AR's for no other reason than I wanted to buy them while I still could.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry, I know its off topic, but I've searched around. Found the term used a lot, but have not come across an explanation.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
If it gets a Fudd worried about Obama taking away his guns I'm all for it.

FWIW I'm about 1/2 Fudd anyways. I have way more hunting guns than "Tactical" guns. I got my AR's for no other reason than I wanted to buy them while I still could.
They brought it out for the "hunters", to make the AR platform more acceptable than a "black rifle".

Sorry, I know its off topic, but I've searched around. Found the term used a lot, but have not come across an explanation.
Fudd as in Elmer Fudd.......a hunter

·
Registered
679 Posts
Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Wiki:
Fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) is a tactic of rhetoric and fallacy used in sales, marketing, public relations[1][2] and politics. FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence public perception by disseminating negative (and vague) information. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor's product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival.
The term originated to describe disinformation tactics in the computer hardware industry and has since been used more broadly.[3] FUD is a manifestation of the appeal to fear.
FUD was first defined (circa 1975) by Gene Amdahl after he left IBM to found his own company, Amdahl Corp.: "FUD is the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that IBM sales people instill in the minds of potential customers who might be considering Amdahl products."[4]
As far as F.U.D. Gun.... :confused:

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Fudd

Urban Dictionary: fudd

Fudd

Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.

"See sonny, all those pistols in that cabinet... all thems is good for is killin people." -Example of ignorant comment from a fudd at a local gun shop. See also: Zumbo.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Fudd

Urban Dictionary: fudd

Fudd

Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.

"See sonny, all those pistols in that cabinet... all thems is good for is killin people." -Example of ignorant comment from a fudd at a local gun shop. See also: Zumbo.
I dont own a gun that isnt capable of being used for a "sporting" purpose like hunting animals :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A friend of mine said he was lookin at an r-15 before Obama get in... I told him to get an AR or AK, and get the r15 after the ban... it's usable, but limiting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts