Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice looking 597,is that the original barrel?
DanD

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Here is mine with a sling I make. I painted the stock using the "sand paint", just couldn't warm up to the stock look. Good shooting rifles, I think they get a bad wrap sometimes just because people don't know how to adjust the guide rods.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice looking rifle,I have a blueish laminated 22 mag,with a lighter barrel.I would definitely like to find a heavy barrel ,not sure where though.

DanD

·
Registered
174 Posts
Heres mine... 22LR
I love mine...great shooter.Never had a minutes trouble.
I hope to have a bipod on it soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 957 with a synthetic stock and wanted to add a bi-pod to it. Most of the bi-pods I've seen use the front swivel stock stud to secure them. My 957 does not have a swivel stud.
Some people have just drilled a hole into the plastic stock and screwed the swivel stud/bipod in the hole, others have removed the barrel and installed a threaded stud into the stock that then can accept the bipod screw.

I'm more partial to the second method, but don't know what to get (stud kit or bipod) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on installing a bipod on a 957.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got finished installing sling mounts and painting my plain grey stock. Just made up the pattern and used paint I had laying around. Definitely a learning experience, and gave me some real good ideas for the next paint job. Maybe not the most practical, but I think this one came out pretty cool!

Floor Hardwood Plant Flooring

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
Interesting...any idea if it is better/equal to a Ruger 10/22

·
Registered
42 Posts
AwPhuch said:
Interesting...any idea if it is better/equal to a Ruger 10/22
I don't have much experience wit a 10/22 but this gun shoots fantastic. The only downside that I've found is that there are a lot less aftermarket parts for this gun. 10/22 has millions it seems like. Great gun IMO

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
I got me one, for $100

Read online about the bolt rods being too tight so I disassembled and cleaned mine..made sure I hand tightened the rod screws, then backed them off 1/2 turn till it was loose and the rods could flex w/o stress...shoots like a CHAMP!

I did do this with mine

It's not a tack driver...but with that compact cheap reddot I think it could be a close range (up to 100 yards) quick shooter

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I went to Academy to pick one of these up today, but all they had was the display model. Oh well, there's no ammo to be found anyway! Better luck next week!

Would anyone suggest the bull barrel over the stock barrel? I can't seem to find the bill barrel version anywhere around here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I own a 597 VTR with the AR collapsable butt stock and free floated aluminum fore stock and bull barrel.

I've mounted a red dot sight and have two high capacity magazines for it.

It's a keeper so far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.