Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im from south texas and everywhere ive looked from walmart to academy around my area is all out of the remington 250rd brick? they all say that there out and there warehouse is out, so im wondering if remington is having a hard time mass producing 9mm 250rd bricks?
took a trip to San Antonio this weekend(still here) went to bass pro and i bought the last box of remington 250rd brick and i asked the guy when will they be getting more he said the same thing there warehouse is out they dont know when they will be getting more.

have you had any trouble looking for this ammo?

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
hey guys im from south texas and everywhere ive looked from walmart to academy around my area is all out of the remington 250rd brick? they all say that there out and there warehouse is out, so im wondering if remington is having a hard time mass producing 9mm 250rd bricks?
took a trip to San Antonio this weekend(still here) went to bass pro and i bought the last box of remington 250rd brick and i asked the guy when will they be getting more he said the same thing there warehouse is out they dont know when they will be getting more.

have you had any trouble looking for this ammo?

All ammo makers do runs of calibers. Right now they are probably tooled up to make another caliber and didn't make enough 9x19mm to keep up with demand while loading another caliber.

I have always been on the buy two boxes program. I buy one box to put away for every box I plan on shooting. When the ammo gets hard to find I have a stock to fall back on.......

edit: The magtech shootin size box 9mm (250 rounds also) is good ammo too. Cabelas has it on sale all the time and I wipe them out of it when they do because it ends up being a great deal, no shipping, and the ammo is way better than WWB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok just a friendly update after bass pro i headed out to academy on sunday and found they had monarch 9mm steel cased 50rd boxes on sale for 7.99 so i bought a crap load haha got me 12 boxes i couldnt pass up a deal, so i came back from my weekend getaway with 850 rds of ammo, i will be headed to my nearest academy tomorrow for a few more boxes , happy huntin guys

·
Registered
460 Posts
remingtons probably just making other calibers right now. with all the craziness going on right now people are buying left and right preparing for the hit to fit the shan. 9mm, 45, 223, 762x39 308 are all disappearing fast. they'll make more and it'll be high to begin with but after a few weeks the price will drop down into a "normal" range

·
Registered
86 Posts
Our Wal-Marts (Cincinnati) were on a "limit 1" for the 9mm Remington UMC 250 rd brick. I got the last one and that's the last one I've seen. I've checked several times since and they've never restocked.

·
Registered
120 Posts
why dont you guys shop online thats were i get all my ammo and so far they are never out of what i want i just placed a order for 9mm 45acp and 308 and all was in stock

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Boris has got it, it's normal manuf issues. They make runs of ammo & then switch over. Just depends on the market volumn.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheaper than dirt and ammunition to go are always stocked.
ive checked them both out as well and it comes out a lil more expensive (like 5 to 8 bucks more) as if i went to buy it at academy, i went to academy again today and i bought another 3 boxes of their monarch 9mm steel cased 50 rd for 8 bucks each ( on sale) but once that sale is over i will consider buying online

1 - 11 of 11 Posts