Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a remington 1100 tactical and i need to know which shells it cycle well,brand sizes and everything. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well,
I`m a Clay Target shooter, and not really a tactical guy, but I have a couple 1100`s.
I would simply go with Quality "Low Recoil" 2 3/4" loads , like Federal, Remington, Winchester.
Magnums are not necessary. Too much recoil,noise,etc. The ability to get quick follow-up shots is important.
I personally would go with 00 Buckshot , but up to #4 Buck is O.K.(The shot -size debate is a "whole `nother thread."
You can probably get more info over at Shotgun World.
Regards, Pete

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Normaly most shells other than target shells. If you want it to cycle light loads, you will have to open up the gas ports.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
My 1100 TAC-4 has cycled everything I've put through it so far. Even the cheap Walmart bulk trap loads (pick a brand). It doesn't seem to be too picky.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
My 1100 TAC-4 has cycled everything I've put through it so far. Even the cheap Walmart bulk trap loads (pick a brand). It doesn't seem to be too picky.
Maybe they changed things, seems alot of the 3 gun shooters were drilling out the gas ports in order to get them to cycle light loads. Wouldnt be the first time I was wrong...lol

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Maybe they changed things, seems alot of the 3 gun shooters were drilling out the gas ports in order to get them to cycle light loads. Wouldnt be the first time I was wrong...lol
I was expecting some problems with my TAC-4 based on previous experiences with my other two 1100s. When I picked the gun up I disassembled and oiled it and then took it to the range with my Dad and brother. Combined I think we put 750 rounds through it in that one range trip, all assorted bulk trap loads from Walmart, all without issue.

Steel plates were dying like crazy that day! :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I was expecting some problems with my TAC-4 based on previous experiences with my other two 1100s. When I picked the gun up I disassembled and oiled it and then took it to the range with my Dad and brother. Combined I think we put 750 rounds through it in that one range trip, all assorted bulk trap loads from Walmart, all without issue.

Steel plates were dying like crazy that day! :D
Well then maybe im not crazy,...lol
Thats alot through a shotty in one session!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Well then maybe im not crazy,...lol
Thats alot through a shotty in one session!
Luckily it wasn't all on my shoulder! With an 8+1 capacity and 18 steel plates on racks (I'm sure you remember the plate racks ;)), it goes pretty quick. Needless to say, much fun was had by all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts