Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of a friend is thinking about selling his 11-87...like new, only a couple boxes of shells put through it. The catch is that it's a left-handed model (which is great because I am a southpaw). He's asking 600 for it...

I'm not too familiar with that model other than it's been around for a while and it is a semi-auto. Are they good shotguns? Can they be converted to an HD setup as easily as the 870s? Is that a good price?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Let me know how it goes. I've got an 11-87 SPS Camo turkey gun with the 21" barrel that I'm going to be selling soon. RH model though. Sweet gun. Just have other "wants".

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I will do a little more research via the links and then give the seller a call in the next few days to go take a look at it firsthand.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I gave mine to my son, and if it wasn't for the fact that he's my boy....I'd ask for it back.:DBest shotgun I ever owned. They have an o-ring on the mag tube under the forearm....do not run it overly wet. Keep an extra o-ring on hand as they do wear out. They are great guns and the ones that still have real wood on them look top notch, but I like the synthetics too.
I shoot a Beretta Extrema now, but will always love that 11-87. I even borrow it back from time to time, or get to shoot it when we shoot sporting clays together.
Buy it....especially if ur a lefty. You won't find many of them cheap.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Just about anything you can do to an 870, you can do to an 11-87.
The 11-87 is the updated version of the 1100 and will handle mild loads, all the way up to slugs.

I have mine set up as a dedicated slug gun and while they are heavy guns, they shoot GREAT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts