Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping some folks who own an shoot one regularly, could give me the real ins and outs of this rifle. I've read several reviews of the gun being on the level with most tactical rifles, except snipercentral.com who admits to testing it in highly unfavorable conditions IMO ! I'm wanting it in .308 and possibly a .223/5.56 later on, for range shooting. Having held nearly everyting at my local gun stores, it seems to be the gun I want to carry on some high altitude hunting next fall in Alaska. Snipercentral review below.

Remington 700 VTR - Sniper Central

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 1 in the .223 and love it... I found mine in the tan. I kept the factory stock and had it bedded then some very minor trigger polishing and adjustment. I put a Nikon 6-18x40 Buckmasters on it. Then a proper break-in of 200+ rounds using Blackhills 52 grain mghp. At first it was not a very good grouping, then at about 300 rounds I started seeing a big difference. At the next time I was at the range I started getting three shot groups with several shots in 1 hole and all of them touching at 100 yds. And at 200 yards all holes could be easily covered by a quarter. I believe they are good rifles, but watch the pricing... shop around you can get better pricing then the quoted $800

1 - 2 of 2 Posts