Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think a used Rem. 700 Classic in 308 with a Leupold Vari-X II 3-12x40 AO and leupold mounts is worth 800bucks? It looks brand new.I know the guy and when he bought it.This dude takes good care of his guns too.Considering also a New CDL model would nearly be that much minus the excellent scope

·
Registered
373 Posts
This is just my opinion but I think it's a fair price. Not a steal or anything, but not bad. The scope alone is probably $200-300 by itself, and from the sound of it, the gun is practically new.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The scope alone, if you bought it brand new would probably be a $350+ dollar scope. So, if the rifle is in good condition, I would say that your getting a decent deal. Your certainly not getting a steal, but you would be hard pressed to find a better deal.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Buying a used gun is like buying a used car. You buy the car and any accessories are a bonus.
If you know the seller and the gun, it may be a different story.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Here is a breakdown on that setup with new prices:

700 Classic: $650 (maybe more in 308 )
Leupold VX-II Scope: $425 (you need to clarify with the seller what the scope actually is. Leupold never made a 3-12x40 in the VX-II line that I am aware of...they did and still do make a 3-9x40 and a 4-12x40).
Mounts/Rings: $40 (give or take)

So the replacement cost, new, on this setup is going to run at least around $1,100, so YES, $800 is a good price barring and problems with the rifle's condition, function, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts