Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had trouble with the functioning of reloaded 40S&W in the XD-40SC. I shot my new XD the other day for the first time and had some trouble with Remington 165gr FMJFP. 3 failure to feed and 2 failure to fire. By the end of 50 rounds it seemed to smooth out. I don't want to start to reload and find out the XD is tempermental with reloads. I reload for a 9MM Colt Combat Comander with no problems. Thanks, Don

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the info. I guess I'll have to pay a lot of attention to the OAL and crimp. I load 9MM and .32ACP. The .32 is very picky as to the OAL and power charge. Thanks again, Don

·
Registered
9 Posts
I loaded some 155 XTPs to 1.135, this was the first 10 reloads I'd ever done, I thought it was better to leave the COL long. They feed just fine and shot really well, now I load most of my loads to 1.125->1.13 and have yet to have a problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Major Beer said:
1.30 OAL is what my XD 40 Tactical likes - ran 500 relaods through and so far no feeding issues.
Wow. Do you mean 1.13? 10mm is only 1.25.

As another reference point, I load to 1.12 for my .40 tac

·
Registered
889 Posts
Failure to fire could be high primers, if they aren't seated all the way. And I find that for the OAL I go with as long as I can and still fit in the mag.
In my STI I have loaded them to the same OAL as the 10mm if not longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts