Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good reloading forum to get on?
A forum for handgun reloading mainly.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
thehighroad.org

You probably know this, but I thought I'd mention:

Get some manuals, at least two.

Read them cover to cover.

Read them again.

Then get with someone who knows what they're doing.

Have a safe day.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
XDTalk.com You are on one of the best right here. Many expert reloaders are posting and answering questions. Click on Ammo Can and reloaded ammunition. (if you haven't been using it, you are missing out)

What information do you want?

Start a new post there with any question and see the results.

For load data, use the powder manufacture's web sites of the powder you are using, plus your manuals.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks keltyke!!!

Yes ray....good site here I agree. Still going to use it. But I want to sleep around with other sites to. Lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Real good info on both sites guys. At least to me. I've been reading a lot of info. Really appreciate the suggestions so far.

When it comes to info the internet rocks!!!!!
But I'm aware of the negatives to....from being on archery forums and knowing what I know for over 30 years of doing it. But its the greatest. I can remember the only way to get info was to hang out at pro shops and 3-D shoots.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
crowd sourcing is ...well google it. There's likely a wikipedia article on it. basically, its the act of getting your information in one place sourced from all over the place or from many different individuals. like personal weather stations. The National Weather Service uses personal weather stations that are shared to their network to give more accurate readings in narrow locales.

4TW means "For The Win."

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Most of the forums have good reloading sections. This is one, Sigforum, Glockforum, etc.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it knight. who'd a thought that I was crowd sourcing. Makes me feel all businessman-ish. Lol

Got anymore good sites? Those two rock. I just love studying about subjects I'm into....don't you?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got some more while I was one finger speed typing on my phone. Thanks guys. I'll check them all.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I might also mention the Brian Enos forums. They are mostly into the gun games, but there is a lot of information on general reloading. People that are into gun games are pretty picky on what they are shooting and a lot of the information on "minor" loads is good for general reloading too for the 9mm.

I like it here too for a lot of general reloading information, and several of the members here are very experienced and have a lot of data to share. In the years I've been here I have seldom encountered poor information, and never from the experienced members.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Justsomeguy
Brian Enos is the dude that sells Dillon presses.... isn't he? I remember that name. I wanted to get one of those presses but their higher than a giraffes arse. I didn't want to put that much into a blind date with reloading. Maybe in the future.

Your very knowledgeable to bro. I'm sure you use other sites don't you?
Thanks for the info!!!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Brian Enos and Rob Latham (who used to travel together to competitions) are both guys who pretty much changed the way people shoot in competition these days by proving the value of the icosolese stance (squared up presentation with head straight up and both arms equally extended) compared to the stance favored at the time. His forums are thus favored by competition shooters and you will find a lot of it devoted to various aspects of the gun games, reloading included. And yes, Brian Enos does sell Dillon equipment at decent prices though they are higher than some other presses. I own several Dillon 650s and prefer them to others I have or have had.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Justsomeguy

That's really cool about Brian and Rob. I know a little bit more about Rob. I'm happy for them boys.

I'm not interested in competitive shooting but I'm sure there is some really good info on that site for me anyway.

I didn't mean any negative thoughts about Dillon presses. But the price is a negative I suppose now that I'm thinking about it. I do like good equipment so its worth it if that's the case. It's just not the right choice for the beginner that isn't sure about pursuing reloading.

Dang bro you have "several".....your a reloading mad man. Lol
That's cool.!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Hodgdon Reloading | Home is also a great resource. When finding the best load for your gun much of it comes down to trial and error. Just make sure you stay within the safe recommended range for the powder load. Too little and you can end up with a squib, too much and you can end up with a grenade.

If you're reloading 45 ACP do yourself a favor and get the factory crimp die, if you haven't got it already, unless you really enjoy cussing, swearing, stomping your feet, and throwing things.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts