Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody reload for the AR .223 If you have do you full length or neck size the cases. I just got my dies in will be getting 1000 55gr fmj bullets in tomorrow, and wanted to try some reloads.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in Alpine. Reloading is half the fun of shooting. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
agalindo said:
Anybody reload for the AR .223 If you have do you full length or neck size the cases. I just got my dies in will be getting 1000 55gr fmj bullets in tomorrow, and wanted to try some reloads.
For any auto you MUST full length resize. To fail to do so will cause a ton of problems. None of my ar's will run with neck sized ammo

·
Registered
889 Posts
What kgpcr said. As a recovering varmint hunter and current 3-Gun shooter I have loaded thousands and thousands of 223, and neck sizeing is for bolt guns. I have had great luck with 24.4grs of AA2230, Winchester small rifle primers, and 55gr fms, but start low and work up to it.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If you want some once fired Brass I can supply you with some!

I probably got 300 or so now and I shoot about 200-400 every weekend so I will have a steady supply.

You pay shipping and it is yours!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XD BACKUP GUN
Thanks for the offer but we've been collecting brass for about a month and a half. The local Border Patrol uses our range for practice and they leave all thier brass. Must have a 4K .223 and about 6K of .40 .
The wife threatens me everytime I go to the range now "If you bring back one more of those big bags full of brass and leave them in the car I'm thowing them out"

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
agalindo said:
XD BACKUP GUN
Thanks for the offer but we've been collecting brass for about a month and a half. The local Border Patrol uses our range for practice and they leave all thier brass. Must have a 4K .223 and about 6K of .40 .
The wife threatens me everytime I go to the range now "If you bring back one more of those big bags full of brass and leave them in the car I'm thowing them out"

I C

:lol:

You got yourself a heck of a supply there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:

I probably got 300 or so now and I shoot about 200-400 every weekend so I will have a steady supply.

You pay shipping and it is yours!
Mind if I take you up on that offer? I'm building my AR in the next month or so and getting 500-1000 cases would be excellent.

Shoot me an email at: [email protected]
or if you use IM: numinous01

My zip code is 14127 (just outside of Buffalo, NY) if you want to figure out shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts