Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have y'all considered making a thread where people can post deals on reloading components they find? I think that would be great... like, right now, I'd like to know if anyone has deals on FMJ bullets... if there were a sticky thread where people are posting up deals they see to help out others, that'd be the first place I'd look.

Thoughts?

Anyone know anyone who has a deal on plated/jacketed bullets currently?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I know where you are comming from. I was looking for 45ACP and can find very little brass online. The prices are soo high, when you find them that it' s cheaper to buy the Win White Box at Wally World and reuse the brass.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have y'all considered making a thread where people can post deals on reloading components they find? I think that would be great... like, right now, I'd like to know if anyone has deals on FMJ bullets... if there were a sticky thread where people are posting up deals they see to help out others, that'd be the first place I'd look.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Check the prices at Delta Precision.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Are you guys OK with shooting lead bullets instead of metal jacket bullets?
Well this it the first time for me to load and shoot lead through my centerfire pistols. I'll have to see how it does with leading of the barrel. I know its fine for rifled barrels but not great for polygonal barrels.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a 1000 lead bullets earlier in the summer as an experiment, worked fine however I will not be buying more.

I shoot subguns as well as pistols, lead bullets foul up the machine gun barrels too much for my liking so I will go back to only buying FMJs so that I only have to keep one type of 9mm bullet on hand for reloading.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
It's about all my handguns see but for a couple GLocks & full power 357sig loads. Shooting jacketed offers little advatnage for service calibers except cleanliness. A good lead bullet load is easily as accurate as any jacketed & often shades plated by a good margin.

·
Registered
768 Posts

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Think this is a good idea, I am always looking for good deals for loading up some more rounds!! Would be the first place I checked too...I have came here several times and "flipped" through the "for sale" section and is hard to go through all the pages and not find anything! LOL Would be nice to have the reloading stuff all in one spot!

Depending on what you are looking for, Cabelas is having a 20% off sale on a LOT of their reloading items. I picked up 250 Berry's Plated Round Nose 230gr .45 bullets for $27.00 locall. Powder and primers on sale as well...:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mods/Staff, could we get this one or a similar one stickied, so that people can start posting up deals and it's easy to find?

Thanks!

In response to the lead bullet question... I shoot lead bullets all the time. You get some smoke, and you have to do a little more work to clean the lead out of the barrel, but the price usually offsets all of that, and as Fred said, they're every bit as accurate as the FMJ bullets I've loaded. No worries there.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont know how many here use Hornady XTP hollow points for reloading but Cabelas has a smoking deal going on right now.

They have 9mm XTP's for $12.79 per100.

I ended up buying 1200rds. They also have all other calibers on sale right now. Cheapest I have found anywhere.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I have been using Mo Bullet Co for my 40 and 45 loads. I like them for the price. When you can load for about 10 cents a round you tend to shoot a bit more......:)

You will get a little leading, easy to clean. There are a few places that make a "lead remover" kit.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
As far as Precision Delta goes, I was considering them myself until I saw this...

Bullets must be ordered in multiples of 2,000 (calibers and bullet types can be mixed and matched by the 1,000). If your bullet order totals an odd quantity, we do charge $5 (this charge will not be reflected in your shopping cart but will be charged when we process your order.)

Not sure that I want to by 2000 rounds before Ive ever even tried them out. But YMMV

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As far as Precision Delta goes, I was considering them myself until I saw this...

Bullets must be ordered in multiples of 2,000 (calibers and bullet types can be mixed and matched by the 1,000). If your bullet order totals an odd quantity, we do charge $5 (this charge will not be reflected in your shopping cart but will be charged when we process your order.)

Not sure that I want to by 2000 rounds before Ive ever even tried them out. But YMMV
Even with the added $5 charge if you only order 1000, it's still a deal!

When I get some I'll be happy to report on them. :)

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I dont know how many here use Hornady XTP hollow points for reloading but Cabelas has a smoking deal going on right now.

They have 9mm XTP's for $12.79 per100.

I ended up buying 1200rds. They also have all other calibers on sale right now. Cheapest I have found anywhere.
THe XTP is a great bullet, but even at that sale price WAAAAAAAY to pricey for plinking bullets. THa is almost double what you pay for PD 124grFMJ.:shock:
BUllets don't go bad. The way you save the most money reloading is buying in bulk. So buy the 2K & save more moeny. If you think 2K bullets is a lot, then you are not shooting enough. I have been known to easily go thru 2K bullets in a month.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep. I was planning on doing just that. It won't take me that long at all to go through 2K bullets. :D

I still need to work on my primer stockpile too. See? I haven't forgotten... :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts