Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this true? I've read this in several posts and it seems absurd to me.

I'm a relative noob to the XD and I've only put 400 rounds of factory amo through mine, but I just bought 1000 rounds of gun show ammo...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Basically they as do others say, that if you use defective ammo then SA isn't responsible.

The operating manual say: "Using reloaded ammunition MAY void the warranty." [Emphasis mine.]

The warranty card say, among other things.

"SPRINGFIELD, INC. assumes no responsibility for damage and/or injury caused in whole or in part by handloaded, reloaded, remanufactured, or defective ammunition."

Note that "defective" ammo could be the highest quality, commercially available ammo you could find. If it has a defect and it causes damage to the gun, then SA isn't responsible. But what are the odds of commercial ammo having a defect verses reloaded/handloded ammo?

You pays your money, you takes your chances.

Seems fair to me.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
That's pretty standard in all firearms warranties. I think it's reasonable that they shouldn't be held responsible for something that is in no way their fault.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is this true? I've read this in several posts and it seems absurd to me.

I'm a relative noob to the XD and I've only put 400 rounds of factory amo through mine, but I just bought 1000 rounds of gun show ammo...
What kind of ammo? If someone is reloading and selling it at a gun show without the proper permits/licenses, that may be a legal problem. Plus, do you really trust it?

There is always a risk, I suppose, of getting a bad round from ANY source, including factory. But the risk is far higher from buying someone else's recycled stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What kind of ammo? If someone is reloading and selling it at a gun show without the proper permits/licenses, that may be a legal problem. Plus, do you really trust it?
Hmm... I guess I trust it enough to shoot out in the desert. I bought it from an ammo dealer who also sold lots of factory ammo.

Is it even possible to put too much powder in a .40 case?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
haha not only is it possible to put too much, its also possible too put too much of a TOO HOT powder in a .40 case... I won't shoot any handloaded ammo unless its loaded by someone I know to be very experienced and know personally, which is 1 guy that I'll buy handloads from, and he makes custom loads for my specific gun, and I help him test them, and theyre for competition...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts