Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anonymous said:
How many of you reload with Berry's or Ranier plated bullets. What's you favorite load?

Light loads fun to shoot It's what I use. I recomend you work up your own loads to be on the safe side.

165gr Berry's 4.5 gr Titegroup
165gr Bery's 4.6gr Bullseye
180gr Berry's 4.5gr Titegroup
180gr Berry's 4.3 gr Bullseye

9mm
115gr Berry's 4gr 700X
115gr Berry's 4.2gr Bullseye
Who are you :?: Please sign in when posting so we know to whom we are replying. :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ive used west coast bullets in the past, now known as accura bullets.

200grn FP .45 ACP

5.0grns of W231

9mm 124grn FP

14.0grns AA #9........this is in a .357 SIG by the way, not a 9mm. I just use 9mm FP bullets because...well, it works!

One thing I can say for west coast bullets.....they were all within a grain of the weight they are advertised as. Very nice bullets, good thick plating also.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I reload with plated bullets from TNT Reloading out of PA. I load a 124 grain 9mm bullet over 4.7 grains of W231. Shot about 500 of them in a class today with nary a problem.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Sorry I thought I had logged in. I'm using a borrowed account to check my mail and decided to ask a question. Guess I forgot to login. I just thought I would check to see who else was doing some reloading.

Again sorry for not maiking sure I was logged in.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Most accurate loads for me in my limited testing so far for my XD40SC:

5.5 gr Unique with 180 gr. West Coast Plated Bullet

6.4 gr Unique with 155 gr Oregon Bullet (lead)

WyoBob

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agalindo said:
Sorry I thought I had logged in. I'm using a borrowed account to check my mail and decided to ask a question. Guess I forgot to login. I just thought I would check to see who else was doing some reloading.

Reckon I'm just a little leary of trolls/hackers of late. No offense meant. :)

I use West Coast plated RNFP for .40 and RN for 9mm. I like the heavier bullets for competition shooting. These are some bunny fart minor power factor loads:
.40: 180 gr over 3.2 gr of Clays
9mm: 147 gr over 3.2 Universal CLays

I would like to try the Berry .40 in 180 gr RN plated for my S&W 646 revolver, but the cost to get them shipped up here would double the price. :( I may order some anyway, the RN go into the charge holes much easier vs the FPs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
R Dub said:
agalindo said:

The Ammo Can forum does not seem to be configured correctly. On the other sections of the board, if you try to post while not logged in, you're prompted for a login before proceeding. Here, it just lets you post. They need to turn off Guest posting access or you're going to see this happen a LOT.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
orc4hire said:
R Dub said:
agalindo said:

The Ammo Can forum does not seem to be configured correctly. On the other sections of the board, if you try to post while not logged in, you're prompted for a login before proceeding. Here, it just lets you post. They need to turn off Guest posting access or you're going to see this happen a LOT.
I PMd Old School yesterday and believe that has been has been taken care of.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
R Dub I'm not shure where your located but I order my Berry's from Cabelas they have pretty good prices and low shipping cost. I've order 1000 180gr .40 cal bullets for 59.95 shipping included.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I use Rainier 180 grain FP over 5.2 grains of Universal Clays for a power factor of 169 out of a 4 inch barrel.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Just ordered 1000 Rainier 115 RN 9mm seems they are now a bit cheaper than Berry's.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
agalindo said:
Just ordered 1000 Rainier 115 RN 9mm seems they are now a bit cheaper than Berry's.
Where did you order them from? Cabelas?

Roze used to have great prices on Rainers. $49 dollars for 1000 165 gr 40's, shipping included, now it is $79 :(

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Cabelas 1000 Rainier 115gr RN 9mm

44.73 shipping included.

18.44 per box 500

7.75 shipping

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I've loading the following.

180gr plated with 4.0 gr Red Dot
180gr plated with 4.0 gr Titegroup
165gr plated with 4.3 gr Titegroup
165gr plated with 3.7 gr Bullseye

9mm
115 gr plated with 4.0 gr Red Dot

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Titegroup seemed to be the cleanest. I haven't shoot enough of the Red Dot to realy compare it yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts