Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, is there a significant difference between regular WWB and the "WinClean" stuff?

I picked up two 50rd boxes of .40SW WinClean yesterday (for a gun that hasn't even arrived yet), one box of 165gr and one box of 180gr, just to see which one my new XD will like best. What is a respectable price for the WinClean stuff? I bought it from a gun store, so I know I paid way too much, but I don't mind supporting my local gun stores every so often.

I also bought some 165gr Hydrashoks for carry ammo, and I have to say, those things look freakin' nasty. I hope I'm never on the receiving end of one of those bad boys.

-James

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I accidentally bought the WinClean once (OK, they were out of WWB) and it was INSANELY cleaner than the WWB. Some of the other guys claim it's still dirty as ****, but the brass comes out looking like new, the feed ramp wasn't fouled up like it usually is, and the bore took maybe 2 patches to come clean. It was a miracle.

I can't afford that very often though. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]I accidentally bought the WinClean once (OK, they were out of WWB) and it was INSANELY cleaner than the WWB. Some of the other guys claim it's still dirty as ****, but the brass comes out looking like new, the feed ramp wasn't fouled up like it usually is, and the bore took maybe 2 patches to come clean. It was a miracle.

I can't afford that very often though. :)
I had about the same experience here. Alot cleaner, but when you consider I just picked up 200 rounds of WWB 165grain at wally world the other day for $15.95 a box (100 per box) it makes it hard to purcase the winclean, I'll deal with a dirty gun.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
i bought the winclean one time,

left it on my gun workbench for 3 days.

Nothing ever got clean.....

I'll never buy it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts