Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sen threads where folks have said that they regretted not getting the bitone and settling for the black because it was in stock. Anybody regret getting the bitone and wish they had just gotten the basic black?

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
??? I don't really see the diff... You can change the color for about $50 bucks... Someone did state that trading slides was a thought, but that may not be a good idea..

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I love my Bitone .. I've had it for quite some time without any rust problems ...

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
i have no regrets about getting an all black XD, the bitone is sweet but i like all black better.

·
Registered
857 Posts
:grin:.I have an all black 45 and wish I had gotten the bitone. I have come to the conclusion it is just a reason to get another gun

·
Registered
383 Posts
I originally wanted the bi tone but settled for the black and now I'm glad. I'm looking into a smaller carry gun and pulling toward the sc all black. At this point even if the price is the same, I think I'd go black.

·
Registered
969 Posts
yeah no regrets for me either. If the shop had a green and black or sand and black.... maybe would have gone with that.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Why buy a gun that costs $50 bucks more if it shoots exactly the same? All black for me!
-Thomas

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Why buy a gun that costs $50 bucks more if it shoots exactly the same? All black for me!
-Thomas
Because you like it? Kind of like saying you don't care what color your car is when you buy it ... I don't think many people do that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the looks of the black but the holster wear drives me crazy. I love the bi-tone as you can see from my sig. There is something about that two tone that just makes me say wow. To each his own and if you can afford to buy a gun don't ever regret that. My .02.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
well, since I ordered mine, I could have had any color or combination.

I got all black.
just like my muzzle loader
just like my savage rifle
just like my mossberg shotgun
just like my AR

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I have sen threads where folks have said that they regretted not getting the bitone and settling for the black because it was in stock. Anybody regret getting the bitone and wish they had just gotten the basic black?
I have the basic black. I think all the other models are ugly--bitone, OD. Black is sexy.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Wanted a black XD-45c but got the Dark Earth XD-45 Service. It had Trijicon's and was on sale!! No regrets, but I think I'll probably paint the frame eventually. Maybe a dark greyish, not black.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like some pistols in all black and others in bi-tone. My XD is all black and it just looks "right" that way to me. I like the looks of the bitone XDs, too, but prefer all black in this pistol.

·
Registered
902 Posts
It's all personal preference...

I'm quite happy with my SC9 and XDm9 in basic black, although if I were to add a 9mm Service to the quiver I *might* get OD since foliage green is not an option. Chose the black 'm' in the case that was handled a lot in just the two days it was there over two 'still new in box' bitone m's, even with minimal difference in price.

I carried stainless-slide and fully stnls guns for years but tend to prefer a glare-free black slide these days even if it doesn't look artificially huge upon presentation in dim lighting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts