Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look similar to eo-techs... however VERY VERY LOW price compared to eotech

are these start sights for a novice to get into?? bad quality or what

·
Registered
193 Posts
as someone shopping for optics now I have read a lot of reviews lately. I have read nothing but bad stuff about the reflex sights. Don't hold zero, can't see the dot in daylight, etc.... basically you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
There are differences between a reflex sight and a holographic sight (Eotech).

Red Dot Sights / Reflex Sights & Holosights Explained should explain some of these differences.

That said... I am in the minority here because I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting a cheap reflex sight or a cheap red dot to see how you like it. They run in the neighborhood of $30 and will work fine on a low-recoil weapon. You might see them losing zero frequently, or you might not. You might like it well enough to justify the expense of something ten times as expensive, or you might not.

Arguments you will find against it:
Why would you put a cheap optic on an expensive rifle?
- Because I spent all my money on the rifle, and I'm not sure I'll like this type of sight.
I wouldn't trust my life with a cheap optic, would you?
- No, but then again, I don't live in a war zone. I DO trust my iron sights if it comes down to needing it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think ima buy a G&P eotech clone for the hell of it.. just to try it out

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I have the SPOT red dot and love it. It suits me and my rifles purposes perfectly. There is a torture test review of it in the archives of arfcom and it held up very well.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You can try out ATN's Ultra Sight. I don't have personal experience, but from different reviews I've read it doesn't seem to bad for the price.

ATN Ultra Sight Red Dot Sight 37% OFF & - Best ATN Ultrasight red dot sights reflex sight 22020 22020-DMO DTRXULSTM

I have that sight and its a pretty good red dot. There are 4 different red dot settings that you can easily cycle through and 10 different brightness settings to choose from. Last weekend I was shooting with my dad on a very sunny day and I was using the 4th brightness setting with no problems. Dad, being 60, couldn't see the red dot with sun shining so bright. So I cranked up the setting to 8 and he could see it fine. After approx 250 rounds it hasn't lost zero. Only thing to test now is the durability, so I'm going to run over it with a wheat truck to see if it breaks..... kidding on that part of course.

·
Registered
968 Posts
C-More is another good option. I have 8 of them on pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts