Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since I've picked up and shot my bow. Some of my arrows have seen better days regarding the fletchings.

What is the average cost per arrow to refletch? 2-3 bux per arrow?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
It's been a long time since I've picked up and shot my bow. Some of my arrows have seen better days regarding the fletchings.

What is the average cost per arrow to refletch? 2-3 bux per arrow?
I pay $2/arrow at my local shop (depending on how many I need done. If i need more than 3 or 4, the owner usually cuts me a deal at like $1.50/). Some places screw you and charge more to do Blazer vanes, but most are pretty reasonable. Enjoy getting back into it. I've been gearing up for deer season myself, and am very happy out at 40 & 50 yards (stopped shooting at 20 and 30 yards because I was having to refletch arrows every week...lol). =)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya on the XX75's. I still have a full dozen of the Autumn Hunters. Just need new fletchings. Arrows are still straight.

About 1/2 are really bad. The other 1/2 are chewed up from hitting them with other arrows. Used to be a darn good shot. Just need to get back into it again.

I'm also gearing up for hunting. Going to be picking up a new rifle soon. (Fingers crossed) Looking at a Remington 700 chambered in .270.

So I should expect to pay no more than $20 for a dozen. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeez it's been a long time since I pulled back my recurve. But I used to re-fletch my own arrows. The jig was cheap and I always used feathers. If the bugs didn't eat it they would last quite a long time. But the plastic fletching always crumbed in just a few years. If you do a lot of archery you should get a decent fletcher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts