Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having one heck of a time making up my mind on which company to have refinish the slide on my new XD. There are all kinds of company that offer the service, but which one is the best.
I'm not a big hard chrome fan, but would like to maybe get a different color.
Any suggestion would be really helpful as to who to go with...rust prevention, scratch protection etc.

·
Registered
802 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
I'm having one heck of a time making up my mind on which company to have refinish the slide on my new XD. There are all kinds of company that offer the service, but which one is the best.
I'm not a big hard chrome fan, but would like to maybe get a different color.
Any suggestion would be really helpful as to who to go with...rust prevention, scratch protection etc.
if you are not in the mood for chrome, Tripp is ruled out.

Rust Prevention/Self Lubricating/Great Service/Custom Colors/Fast Turn Around = CCR, does great work

Or, you could *clears throat* 'allow' or 'find' your XD to rust a little and send it in to SA so they can refinish it under warranty

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Don't forget Mac's.

Krackels

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I think Gazukull got his XD refinished at Mac's. It's real sharp looking. For me it's a toss up between Mac's and CCR.

Krackels

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have my XD40 over at Springfield getting a trigger job and Black-T coating out on. I called the oter day and Debbie stated that there is back log on the guns in line to get Black-T and it will be 10 WEEKS!!! Oh well.... I will post some pics and give a report of how it looks and feels in person WHEN I get it back......

·
Registered
533 Posts
I_Route said:
I have my XD40 over at Springfield getting a trigger job and Black-T coating out on. I called the oter day and Debbie stated that there is back log on the guns in line to get Black-T and it will be 10 WEEKS!!! Oh well.... I will post some pics and give a report of how it looks and feels in person WHEN I get it back......
10 WEEKS, OUCH..

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had my slide refinished with the Metalcol III finish from Arizona Response Systems. I really like the finish. This is the website if you'd like to check.

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/

·
Registered
102 Posts
Somebody could make a lot of money doing monthly batches of XD slides in a predetermined finish. I knew a guy who used to do anodizing for people that way and made a killin', plus offered quick and inexpensive service to his customers because he had a whole batch at a scheduled time.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now i gotta figure out which finish would be super coolest
CCR has all kinds of colors

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had alo tof people comment on my XD sub9 that Brad at CCR did for me. He started to refer to it as the "Sproles Gray" and I have been VERY happy with the finish and the look of the finish and Brad was TOP NOTCH to deal with! Check ou tmy signature...

David

More pics if you would like to see some...let me know

·
Registered
143 Posts
Chrome said:
"Or, you could *clears throat* 'allow' or 'find' your XD to rust a little and send it in to SA so they can refinish it under warranty"

That is a crappy recommendation. Springfield offers fantastic warranty service and you would tell people to abuse it. :evil:

·
Registered
802 Posts
jeep2919 said:
Chrome said:
"Or, you could *clears throat* 'allow' or 'find' your XD to rust a little and send it in to SA so they can refinish it under warranty"

That is a crappy recommendation. Springfield offers fantastic warranty service and you would tell people to abuse it. :evil:
Putting that recommendation last, *clear throat* and 'allow' and 'find' was my attempt at humor..sorry for having you take it the wrong away..

And they do offer a fanstastic warranty, and if his gun does rust, excercise it..

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i don't wanna abuse the warranty factor...since my Xd-9 hasn't even been fired yet
just wantin somethin either a nicer black or somethin close to it with more pigment in the finish if that makes any sense

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mac did my first HS2000 and it's great. Tripp did my XD40 Tactical hard chrome and it's almost too pretty to shoot. :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sproles said:
I have had alo tof people comment on my XD sub9 that Brad at CCR did for me. He started to refer to it as the "Sproles Gray" and I have been VERY happy with the finish and the look of the finish and Brad was TOP NOTCH to deal with! Check ou tmy signature...

David

More pics if you would like to see some...let me know
The finish not only looks great (Brad really does class work), but that's the best close-up of a gun I've seen in quite some time. Crystal clear and lighted very well. Nice job. I wish I could get results half that good with my overpriced digicam.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts