Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't heard I'm doing a naming contest for the new finish I'm doing. Go over to Pistol Gears Customer Forum and look in the Canyon Creek Section for details.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
How about a link?...I looked all over the site and did not find it. (possible I missed it, but...)
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Can the small parts be done also?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
dang, guess mine isn't good enough for you to just disregard the rest of the names huh.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rich,
Could you please tell us all a little bit more about the new finish? It looks beautiful but I think we can maybe come up with a better name if we knew a little bit more about how you make it and what kind of properties it has. By the way, I'll be sending one of my XDs to you for this finish regardless of the contest. It looks great!!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Finish is done with KG Gun-Kote with a color coat and clear. The color coat is applied first, after it has been baked the flats are sanded down. A coat of clear is applied and baked again.
Rich

·
Registered
401 Posts
If I had to call it a name I would just call it "Slick" Probably already said but I couldnt be bothered reading 5 pages of names.
mulder

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Canyon Creek "Black Pearl." Now that I've won, where do I send my slide and when can I expect it back? :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the suggestion of "Black Canyon"... that is my vote!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
ttheobald said:
Ah, too bad I missed it. I was going to say "Black Pearl".

T
And I had the winnng lottery numbers but didn't have time to buy a ticket! :)

Telegrams are coming in left and right demanding it be called "Black Pearl!"

You heard me! Demanding! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name would be XD Rust. As in, yeah, my XD has Rust on it take a look. Then, I'd show'em the Rich's new finish. It would shut them Glocker's up, Huh!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts