Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XD40 tactical and would like to reduce trigger pull weight. I looked at the springs on Bobs Custom Shop and Springer Presicion sites. Is replacing just the sear and trigger springs enough to reduce weight, or are there more parts that need to be switched out?

TIA.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I have an XD40 tactical and would like to reduce trigger pull weight. I looked at the springs on Bobs Custom Shop and Springer Presicion sites. Is replacing just the sear and trigger springs enough to reduce weight, or are there more parts that need to be switched out?

TIA.
Replacing springs would do it. I installed the Powder River trigger upgrade in my XD, and the springs were what did it.

While a polished sear might reduce the friction and ultimately the amount of force needed to pull the trigger, the springs are the thing. If you get both a sear spring and a trigger spring, and both are softer than stock, you actually have a way to adjust pull to 4 settings: Stock, replace just the trigger spring, just the sear spring, or both the trigger and sear spring.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

TIA.
If you wish to do this yourself just changing the springs will help but as long as you have it apart you might as well polish the surfaces where you have friction. If you have put some rounds through the gun you can tell where these are because they will have wear marks from the friction. The biggest improvement in the trigger is reduction of the pre-travel and reset. There are 3 companies who sell kits that will these issues 2 are the ones you mentioned who sell kits that replace the Sear and Trigger Bar and the third is Powder River who used the stock Sear and Trigger Bar and replaces the Safety Lever. I would suggest you get the kit with the over travel stop to save from having to drill the trigger bar. Powder River Precision I have used all 3 and had the best results from Powder River with the least amount of fine tuning. Again all three will have a impact on reduced trigger pull but a good "Fluff and Buff" will go a long way in giving you a nice smooth trigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts