Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I put another 70 rounds to finish off my second box last night. Nothing to complain about other than the recoil.. I shot a 9mm Ruger (twice as heavy) but it has almost literally no recoil (because of the weight I'm thinking). But my question is, how can I reduce the recoil on my XD and will it cost me an arm and a leg. Also, would doing this mod effect my warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
You can shoot lighter loads, that will help. You can also Don's Guide Rod and play with spring weights, in order to reduce the felt recoil and muzzle flip. You can also install a ported barrel.

You will never get rid of recoil, as it is part of the action. You can reduce it a bit, however.

OS

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
your platform has a lot to do with recoil. i could show you in person but not in words. try to get with a trainer and have him give you some help with your platform.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Hell if I could find a trainer I'd be in heaven! But I can't even find a damn safety course in under 3 hrs from my house! It's so bad the NRA doesn't even want to respond to me! :lol: :lol:

Old School, are you on AOL now?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Reading handgun artical's by Massad Ayoob has helped my pistol shooting skills better than anyone else for me.Ive tried other ways by different shooters but have had better luck with his technique's.My friend swears by Rob Letheam technique's.Not sure if thats the correct way of Rob's last name.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can anyone describe just how much of a reduction Don's Guide Rod and a new spring will provide in felt recoil? Reduce recoil by 10%? 40%? I'm hesitant to tinker with my XD if the recoil improvement is barely noticable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a dons guide rod.I like mine a lot and its not wasted money because all you have to replace afterwards is a 7.00 spring not a 20.00 recoil assembly.I have a 40 and i use a 20 and a 22 for a 9mm i would use like an 18 to 20lb spring.The Dons guide rod helps keep speed shots on target.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put a 20 lb in my 9mm Tactical and while it does help with felt recoil a bit, but what it really helps me with is staying on target shot after shot.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If you complain about recoil in a 9mm maybe you should stick to .22LR guns. I have never had any significant recoil issues with any of my 9mm guns. It's not he gun, its the shooter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
manygunner said:
If you complain about recoil in a 9mm maybe you should stick to .22LR guns. I have never had any significant recoil issues with any of my 9mm guns. It's not he gun, its the shooter.
I hear what you're saying... I agree as well. It's not really for me, but for my fiance.. Plus after watching a guy at the range that was used to shooting a heavy ass Ruger shoot my XD 9 I was pretty surprised to see it kick that much on him... Got me wondering....

[sarcasim]BTW, Sorry if my balls aren't as big and gifted as yours.....[/sarcasim]

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Going from a heavier gun to a lighter one in the same caliber, is nothing more than a matter of adaptation.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Vtwin said:
Thanks guys! Hell if I could find a trainer I'd be in heaven! But I can't even find a damn safety course in under 3 hrs from my house! It's so bad the NRA doesn't even want to respond to me! :lol: :lol:

Old School, are you on AOL now?
Perhaps something can be arranged with Steve Silverman, who is based in PA. www.f-r-i.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts