Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm worried about light strikes when using Tula/wolf primers. I have the extreme PRP kit.

Read that the titanium striker indicator is lighter and will help.

What about drilling a dimple or hole in the stock striker itself to reduce weight? PRP and others sells polished strikers but I can polish my own and tumble it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm worried about light strikes when using Tula/wolf primers. I have the extreme PRP kit.

Read that the titanium striker indicator is lighter and will help.

What about drilling a dimple or hole in the stock striker itself to reduce weight? PRP and others sells polished strikers but I can polish my own and tumble it.
Why not try shooting some before you assume the worst?

don

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I've ran the PRP Ultimate Match trigger for years and have never had one light primer strike. Ymmv

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The PRP Ultimate kit does not generally replace the striker spring itself, but merely the trigger parts. The EXTREME kit does include a somewhat lighter striker spring. Even so, I have used the "10%" reduction striker spring from PRP with excellent results. They also have an even lighter spring, but since I can get to about a 3 1/2lb trigger with just the 10% reduction spring I still have those in my parts bin. I have used this setup with even small rifle primers and got good ignition. Some primers, notably Tula's, are sometimes harder than expected (Like steel plate hard!) and even repeated hits with a standard spring will not seem to dent them, but other than that I have had no problems with any DOMESTIC primers with even the reduced power springs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the titanium striker indicator, aluminum indicator sleeve, and the titanium striker safety.

I haven't noticed difference between the stock and titanium parts, but titanium is nice. Lol

I tried to find a titanium striker to no avail. There's a thread that mentions a titanium striker but I can't fine one now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh, and I have them in both my XDM45 4.5", and XDM40 5.25".

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You know, I'm not really sure if you would really gain anything appreciable with a titanium striker. You might get a slightly faster "lock time" which could, perhaps, increase your accuracy though to a miniscule amount, but you have a lighter striker which means a lighter primer hit, so with some primers that could be a negative. I don't know if anything worthwhile is gained from this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts