Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am at Augusta, GA right now but originally from Annville PA. I am here cause I am looking to buy an XD45. I have been looking at alot of hand guns and from my own reasearch I have found that this is most likely the gun I am looking for. I would like to buy one near the end of January. Its going to serve 2 purposes, 1 to fire at the range as I love shooting targets and 2 for concealed use. I would love to know what some required reading matieral would be so I can get ready for ownership. What to do/not to do kinda stuff as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. XD45 is a good choice. The compact model (shorter grip) would give you a little better concealability plus still have the 4" barrel. Shoot one if you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
welcome from Michigan. In the Gravest Extreme, the Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection by Massad F. Ayoob is a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. XD45 is a good choice. The compact model (shorter grip) would give you a little better concealability plus still have the 4" barrel. Shoot one if you get a chance.
Yes, definitely shoot one... that's what got me hooked... I loved the way it felt in my hand.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! Seems like this site is super active which is a very good thing! Community, I will have to look into that book thanks! I am going to have to see if there is a local place where I can get my hands on one to fire. I saw a video of a 9 year old fireing one so I can tell the kick is not bad and it did not sound terribly loud either. But its hard to tell from a video so I know I am going to have to have one in my hands and fire first to know for sure.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Welcome from Roanoke / Salem, Virginia.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome from FL :D