Sear - CNC Machined S7 Tool Steel

Barrel - 416 Stainless 5" match grade, ramped

Caliber - .45 ACP

Comes with Two Wilson Combat Magazines

RJF guarantee:

100% hand fit in small batches for ultimate lock-up and increased performance

Hand polished ramped barrel tested for feed with premium hollowpoint ammunition

Hand fit barrel and bushing for superior accuracy

Hand stoned and polished hammer and sear for correct engagement and crisp release

All pistols test fired for reliabilty, function, and accuracy.
If that thing doesn't absolutely make love you to...whats the flippin point!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nice looking gun.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Nice looking and price is not bad, but lost the adjustable sights and they have a real winner.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
786 Posts
From what I've seen of the group, I would not want anything from them. Think of what $1685 will get from SA. I worked for a outfit here that makes Class 3 arms and I have seen what goes on in a short ended goof ball shop like that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It looks like my STI Spartan with a different hammer. I think I would rather have a TRP operator.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
One could find a Wilson CQB lightly experienced for that price. I wouldn't squeeze the trigger on anything out of that shop.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't get it. Just because they have a somewhat entertaining show means they sell a 800buck gun for damn near 1700?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These guys have a few good smiths working in the shop. TV shows are made for TV and you only see what some nimrod thinks is good for the ratings. Well over half the price is parts, alone.
They haven't hit the market yet, so no one knows what to expect.
If you have never had a chance to shoot a full custom or true semi-custom 1911, maybe you should hold off on passing judgement til you do.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would not buy from them. I watched the show once! It was the episode where his goofy ass looking and stupid talking daughter/boy?? said and I quote. "Only two people in the world tell my daddy what to do and thats me and God" I would possibly watch the show if she was not in it. Nothing is more worse than a woman with a boys voice. I could have sworn I saw an adam's apple on its neck!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would wait on that purchase until they gain a reputation in the market. There are too many excellent 1911's out there to take a chance on what could possibly be just cashing in on a hyped up reputation from a TV show and pop culture.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Overblown price just because they have a TV show. Not a good show to boot. I'd rather buy a custom m1911 or 2011 from Tripp Research.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Overblown price just because they have a TV show. Not a good show to boot. I'd rather buy a custom m1911 or 2011 from Tripp Research.
There is no doubt that Virgil is one of the best smiths in the country. This being said, can he sell a 1911 with the same parts for the same price? Maybe, maybe not. All of the top smiths had to start somewhere. Let Will's gun do the talking for itself. I have no connections to him or his shop. I don't know if the RJF1911 is going to be worth 2 quarters, but I am willing to wait to see and shoot one myself before I call it overpriced hype.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Interesting pieces they have, but my concern is that they provide only one picture for each piece. One notable picture on an AR build even had a huge red banner over it. If I am to pay top dollar for a weapon, I'd like to see both sides at least.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Interesting pieces they have, but my concern is that they provide only one picture for each piece. One notable picture on an AR build even had a huge red banner over it. If I am to pay top dollar for a weapon, I'd like to see both sides at least.
Haha this is so true. I don't know may people that would spend that kind of money for a .5 megapix of a flat straight down shot of a gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts