Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have a red dot sight on your pistol or rifle?
How many of you think it's worth it to have one?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I have one on a browning Target pistol and it rocks! I have one on my M-4gery and it too rocks. My wife wanted one on her XD so I put it on and due to her style of shooting, now wants it removed. It definately speeds up your target aquisition and accuracy but its all personal preferance. The one Im taking off of her XD will probably now end up on my Super Blackhawk if I can find a mount for it.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one on my xd and love it. Everybody who has handled it love the super fast target aquisition with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a C-MORE on my FN Tactical Police shotgun. Makes for lightning fast target aqusition and super mall-ninja looks.:lol: The only reason I have it on there is that FN was running a promotional offer (free $230 C-MORE sight) when they released the gun.

·
Registered
386 Posts
nice one ichy_trigger I have never seen one on a XD. I would like to get one, what brand and model is that.

I have a cheap Simmons on a rifle and i love it. Everyone should have at least one gun with the red dot scope.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
attackrott said:
nice one ichy_trigger I have never seen one on a XD. I would like to get one, what brand and model is that.

I have a cheap Simmons on a rifle and i love it. Everyone should have at least one gun with the red dot scope.
Its a Doctor Optics sight, $380.00 I think is what I paid for it with the mount, got it at Cabelas.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Anyone try the OKO red dot sights? Or Hakko? Cobra sight? ATN panoramic sight? I am looking for a decent but cheap panoramic for tactical rifle use on AR and AK. Do not like the EoTech from what I saw at a tactical rifle course I took. Not to thrilled with Aimpoint either. The Trijicon reflex sight looks OK though. The reason I am thinking OKO and Cobra is that they seem to have doen well on military and police weapons in Europe. Said to be tough and proven. Might consider a C-more if soemone gives me two + thumbs up.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
manygunner said:
Anyone try the OKO red dot sights? Or Hakko? Cobra sight? ATN panoramic sight? I am looking for a decent but cheap panoramic for tactical rifle use on AR and AK. Do not like the EoTech from what I saw at a tactical rifle course I took. Not to thrilled with Aimpoint either. The Trijicon reflex sight looks OK though. The reason I am thinking OKO and Cobra is that they seem to have doen well on military and police weapons in Europe. Said to be tough and proven. Might consider a C-more if soemone gives me two + thumbs up.
Check out Sightron, I put one on my AR for $184.00 and it rocks. Lifetime REPLACEMENT warranty and it has 4 redicles along with an 11 position reostat.

Seems to hold a zero very well, and I like the different reticals for different shooting situations.

Aslo, you cant go wront with a C-more, competition shooters use those most for a reason.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I have a Bushnell holo site on my Ruger Govt model Mk2, Love the site but the mount has caused some malfunctions. Those Doctor Optics sites look like the cats ass, for a competition site at least.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I have a EOTech on my Beretta Storm. I love it!!

I have an ATN, 4-reticle, red dot now stored in a box. It continuously shorts out and goes blank at the MOST inconvenient times!!

I have a BSA with 11 position reostat, curently on a Marlin Camp 9 carbine, thats works amazingly well, considering it cost only $39.00.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have been looking at these for some time now tryign to decide if they are worth it. I like the idea but just needed some good feedback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts