Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am ready for the next handgun, I have a xd 9mmsc and love it but I am looking for the next step.... I want to stay under the $1,000.00 mark around 700.00 or less would be good. I like the Kimbers,Springfield EMP's,1911's I guess I am open to just about any thing and I just need some suggestions of what you guy's think... The only thing I am using this for is pliking and HD.

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you get another XD9 you can share mags. (handy for SHTF/zombie apocalypse)

That being said, my next handgun will be a 1911. . . . eveyone should have at least one.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Buy a good HD gun buy the XD 45. acp... and for planking get a .22 550 rounds for like 14.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and by the way I already have a 10/22 and a AR, but I am thinking I would like some thing in a 45

·
Registered
108 Posts
Was eying the 45 XD today at the Gun show and showed extreme restraint not buying it :)

Actually waiting two weeks for a bigger show...hope to pickup the 45 and hopefully an AR.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
If you get a XD 45 get the 5" tactical or go for a 10mm. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
sounds like your ripe for a second gun, and a 3rd and 4th soon there after..

SIG is a great way to go.. just watch it.. you might want to sell your XD to buy another one (same might hold true for a 1911 purchase).

I'd say go for a 1911 or a sig as well, if you find CPO Sigs you can get them at a good price. for a 1911 in the $700 range.. look for a nice used colt combat commander:)

are wheel guns out? if not a nice S&W 686P 7 round .357 usually right around $600ish.. i'm buying one at the begining of next year.. just cant decide what barrel length i want 2, 4 or 6 inch:)

is this second purchase for possible carry or range/HD only?

cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thanks for all the input guy's! I am going to the gun show today to check out the options. I do like the Glock 20 and I also like the Sig p229 in the .357. The XD .45 Tact isn't out of the question either. I use my XD9sc for my carry so that is covered. And wheel guns are just a little old school for me, for some reason I am just not into them. Again thanks for all the info. keep it coming!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
IMHO you just can't go wrong with any.45acp but I would think any of these 3 would be excelent XD45 Tac, Springfield TRP or the Kimber Raptor :p. But whatever you fall in LUST with I am sure will do just fine. LOL, Good luck with you quest Jedi.

·
Registered
53 Posts
after buying my xd 40 I bought a sig 225/p6 and loved it and about a week ago bought a 229 in 40/357 sig if i like it Im going to sell my xd40compact and buy a Sub-Compact just to have.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
If you get another XD9 you can share mags. (handy for SHTF/zombie apocalypse)

That being said, my next handgun will be a 1911. . . . eveyone should have at least one.
I'm in the same place, i.e., I want a second handgun. I've thought about the same things you mention, i.e., I already have a 9mm Service model; do I get a second 9mm or something else?

Since I'm reloading now, and have a couple thousand 45 cases, it occurred to me that perhaps a .45 would be the best.

I've shot a Bersa Thunder Compact .45, and I think it's really good--fits my hand very well. But it only has a 7-round magazine. And it's not an XD.

If I can find a way to afford it, I think I want an XD-45, probably a service model. Part of my interest in these is in a SHTF scenario, and I think there is no better handgun for that scenario than an XD.

But there are all these other "needs" like an AR15 lower, progressive reloading press (Hornady LnL, on order), AR15 upper, and a .45 handgun. And I'd like a scope for at least one AR. And probably a trigger kit from Powder River for the XD 45, whenever that shows up. And....

Geez, it never ends.

·
Registered
45 Posts
686 S&W 357 mag wheel gun or a Sig P239 40 cal, were my last two an I could not be happier.
Both have hogue grips and they make a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I'm in the same place, i.e., I want a second handgun. I've thought about the same things you mention, i.e., I already have a 9mm Service model; do I get a second 9mm or something else?

Since I'm reloading now, and have a couple thousand 45 cases, it occurred to me that perhaps a .45 would be the best.

I've shot a Bersa Thunder Compact .45, and I think it's really good--fits my hand very well. But it only has a 7-round magazine. And it's not an XD.

If I can find a way to afford it, I think I want an XD-45, probably a service model. Part of my interest in these is in a SHTF scenario, and I think there is no better handgun for that scenario than an XD.

But there are all these other "needs" like an AR15 lower, progressive reloading press (Hornady LnL, on order), AR15 upper, and a .45 handgun. And I'd like a scope for at least one AR. And probably a trigger kit from Powder River for the XD 45, whenever that shows up. And....

Geez, it never ends.
It does get addicting doesn't it :twisted::lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
........ if you find CPO Sigs you can get them at a good price. for a 1911 in the $700 range.. look for a nice used colt combat commander:)

cheers
Boomer, what does the "CPO" mean??? I am not familiar with the use of those letters. Thanks. :)

LS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts