Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CCW a while ago but still have to purchase my gun/s. I'm getting a XDM 3.8 SC 9mm but I've never carried a firearm before. I am kinda FAT :D, bought and paid for...hey what can I say, OLD SCHOOL ITALIAN and mother-in-law and grandma-in-law practically force feed me :shock:. Anyway, I have a bit of the love handles so I don't know how good an in the waistband holster will work and I don't want to use a shoulder holster either. Any ideas?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Depending on the amount of overhang… I found that appendix carrying in a stow-n-go from Galco wasn't to uncomfortable for EDC with my 45 service before I lost weight. In fact the old belly practically made printing impossible. All that said I'm not a fan of the clips on the stow-n-go.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Crossbreed supertuck and the crossbreed gun belt hands down.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
most everyone on here will tell you CBST. if you want something similar and don't want to wait the four to six weeks i'd suggest looking at the galco king tuk. i was able to try one on at a gun shop in phoenix while i was visiting and loved it. i wear mine around the 4:30 position.

and get a good gun belt. it will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
343 Posts
most everyone on here will tell you CBST. if you want something similar and don't want to wait the four to six weeks i'd suggest looking at the galco king tuk. i was able to try one on at a gun shop in phoenix while i was visiting and loved it. i wear mine around the 4:30 position.

and get a good gun belt. it will make a world of difference.
The turn wait is down to about three weeks now. Mine will be here Monday ordered 7/16. Your right though there are other options for this style of holster. Most here will suggest CrossBreed simply because of the quality of Marks product, Mark himself and they way he does business.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I second, third are forth the Crossbreed Supertuck and also throw in the MTAC holster by Com-tac.

As for a belt I prefer the wilderness instructor easy fit, I use the five stitch now finding that the lined belt was way to stiff.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Crossbreed supertuck I use a 5:11 belt that has plastic band to make it stiffer not sure.if its the trainer or operator but.I don't like leather belts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The turn wait is down to about three weeks now. Mine will be here Monday ordered 7/16. Your right though there are other options for this style of holster. Most here will suggest CrossBreed simply because of the quality of Marks product, Mark himself and they way he does business.
that's good to know they're getting them out faster. that was the main reason i went with the galco, i didn't want to wait and a gun shop had one so i was able to try it on and see how it felt with a gun in it. i may look into getting one in the future just so i can say i have one and be socially acceptable on this forum ;). really though since i know i like the style of holster that the CBST is i'll get it. i'd hate to drop $60+ on a holster that i didn't like.

from the posts i've seen mark sounds like a great guy and i do love the smaller and more personal shops like his.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I have a don hume 715h that has been awesome, and I'm still socially accepted. I think.

I don't care what anyone says about mark. Anyone that rides a black dyna is A-ok with me. :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Never, ever wear a coat (only a lab coat is in my job description) otherwise a shoulder unit would be my first choice. So comfortable. Only one I ever had (and ever will have with their warrantee) is the CBST in horse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts