Springfield XD Forum banner

Recomend an OWB holster for me...

2K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Frenchy 
#1 ·
Think i will go with the C-tak for my IWB, but what are u guys using for OWB? I'd probably like the belt version better than the paddle so keep that in mind, and leather or kydex is fine.
Thanks...

#5 ·
If you've ever seen the demonstration by the NYPD of the pistol grab from a Fobus Kydex paddle holster, you would never trust your handgun to one. One quick jerk from behind and the screw holding the holster was broken off and the bad guy had the gun. It was so quick in the film clip, I had to play it over to make sure it wasn't a trick.

Anyway, I recommend the Don Hume Model H726 belt holster for the XD. It's made from quality leather and holds the gun up high on the belt, but since it's open at the front, similar to a front break duty holster, it's really fast to draw from. I carry mine every day and it's one of the most comfortable I've worn in over 38 years of CCW.

Hope this helps.

Fred

#7 ·
I use a Galco high ride owb holster. I love it. Where I work I do a lot of lifting and moving things. I got one with a thumb break so it wouldn't fall out with all the movement. It was a bit pricey but worth it to me. If you do decide to go with a belt model then I would suggest picking up a gun belt. All your belts will strech out otherwise.

#9 ·
Greg1459 said:
I use a Galco high ride owb holster. I love it. Where I work I do a lot of lifting and moving things. I got one with a thumb break so it wouldn't fall out with all the movement. It was a bit pricey but worth it to me. If you do decide to go with a belt model then I would suggest picking up a gun belt. All your belts will strech out otherwise.
I have the same one. It's pretty nice.

#13 ·
TimVirtualMedia said:
Ray's Holsters. Beautiful leatherwork, and VERY reasonable prices. Ships quick. I own 5 of them. Wearing my XD in one right now (designated HK USP40). His website is www.shado.com

Cheers,

Tim
I just wanted to give a plug for Ray's holsters.I just purchased the Sable leather holster and it is a beautiful piece of leather work. I ordered it for my 40 sub-compact and it is perfect. Don't let the low price scare you off.

#16 ·
Ryno said:
+1 for the Blade Tech Belt Holster. I just got mine last week and love it. The Tek-lok is pretty cool too if you get that model.
That's the setup I've had for some years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.