Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Why would you want one?

I think its EFK Firedragon that makes some sort of rubber injected super captive spring thing, but the consensus is it is overpriced and a waste of money.

If anything, you should want the solid guide rod and differant selections of springs to tune your loads..........

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Why no to a captive recoil assembly? I thought it's just convenient and when stripping the pistol no risk of springs flying everywhere. Thanks for the help!
No issues with with personal preferance....if that's what you want and it works...go for it.

I never had any issues with recoil springs flying on my .45 tac or my XDm.

A captive recoil assembly has more parts to it, they are more complicated, thus more parts to break.

I won't be buying one, but definitly glad to help you find what you wanted....good luck,,,let us know how it works if you buy it

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
No issues with with personal preferance....if that's what you want and it works...go for it.

I never had any issues with recoil springs flying on my .45 tac or my XDm.

A captive recoil assembly has more parts to it, they are more complicated, thus more parts to break.

I won't be buying one, but definitly glad to help you find what you wanted....good luck,,,let us know how it works if you buy it
Simplicity is everyone's friend !!

But,
My XD9 is captive, and still runs fine @ +13,000 rounds ... If the design is good, it's not a problem, unless there's a material defect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts