Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has recoated their XD's? I am thinking about Duracoating, is Gun Kote as good? If so could you post pictures I am trying to get an Idea for color, leaning toward black but would be up for change.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so cute! :lol: I think I'd pass on the pink myself though.... Thanks for the color chart.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My matte black duracoat kit should be delivered tomorrow from LCW. I will recoat it at night hopefully and have pics by the end of the week!

I have never done anything like this so Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RR, I like the camo definatly different. It's just a little tricker than I'm wanting to do.

R/T I kinda like the blue w/ silver..... I'll have to keep than in mind. Thanks

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I did the duracoat today. I had some problems with the sprayer so a bit was wasted trying to get the spray pattern right.

I did matte black but added a little extra hardener that makes it look between satin and semi-gloss.

This stuff is very good in that if I had been spraying regular paint (what I have experience in) my slide would look horrible, the duracoat was very forgiving of my mistakes and I only have 2 place on my slide where I clearly messed up (once I dropped it after only 25 minuites of curing) and once it rolled over on my cardboard. Even in these two spots when I show my friends and girlfriend the slide they dont notice.

In a few days I will put the gun back together and in a week or two I will shoot and then at the end of July I will holster it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the report :!: If you get a chance do you think you could snap a few pictures? If it's not to much trouble that is

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I decided to recoat it today, LCW told me I had 7 days to recoat it so I put one more on. It looks much better now and has a VERY good coating on it. This coat is more flat since I didnt add as much hardener to the paint.

I am going to wait until Sunday or Monday to put it back together, then I should have pictures if my friend with the camera is in town. I am happy with the coating, as long as it stays on I will be happy. It looks alot better than stock because now the black is much darker.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm getting ready to do my own duracoat this upcoming weekend.
I am doing both XD's with green on the slides and parts but first I am going to do a test with my SA 1911. it's going to the sandblasters tomorrow morning to take it down to bare metal, then doing it up exactly like Wilson's does to their CQBs.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Mine is about 2 weeks old now I am very happy with the finish I have holstered it at least a 100 times and put at least 1000 rounds thru it there is no ware from the holster and its a fobus the only ware is on the top of the barrel but that doesn't surprise me as I started shooting the day after I put the finish coat on

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone have a XD40 or 9 with a black frame and a green slide? If so please post a picture. I'm wanting to duracoat my slide and I would like to see one, I've see green frames with black slides but not the other way around. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Have had mine back from Rich for a few weeks or so. Use it exclusively for USPSA matches so its in and out of a holster all of the time (100's since I got it back).

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts