Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thanks in advance to any responses. I'm a gun noob (sort of, I'm an ex-military policeman (35 years ago) and recently picked up target shooting after being introduced to it by my best friend). I am planning to carry concealed. My question is, once the weapon is racked and a round is chambered; after inserting it into the IWB holster (i.e. an Alien Gear Cloak 3.0, covered trigger guard), is there anyway the weapon could discharge on its own during casual sitting, movement or perhaps jogging? I know that it comes with multiple safetys (grip & trigger combo + an internal drop safety), but would like to feel more assured. The sales person pointed out that other than being stupid with a gun the XD was one of the safest guns currently. I know this makes me sound like a nervous Nellie, but I am trying to decide whether to carry it with or without a round chambered. Thanks for your time. Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMHO you are GTG, you have a very safe firearm, an excellent holster and hopefully a quality gun belt. BTW any fire extinguishers you have around the house should also be loaded, ready to go.

·
Registered
311 Posts
IMHO you are GTG, you have a very safe firearm, an excellent holster and hopefully a quality gun belt. BTW any fire extinguishers you have around the house should also be loaded, ready to go.
Agreed. Your gun will not fire unless your hand is depressing the grip safety and you pull the trigger. Pretty much impossible to do when it is holstered.

·
Registered
396 Posts
im new to iwb and i got the alien gear 3.0 everytime i wear it, It fills better each amd everyday had it for a cupple weeks now awsome holster

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im new to iwb and i got the alien gear 3.0 everytime i wear it, It fills better each amd everyday had it for a cupple weeks now awsome holster
Nice to meet you FC. Personally, I'm new to all of this. I'm eager to learn anything and everything about handling hand guns, home & personal defense, etc. I'm constantly on YouTube watching videos. First Person Defender on YT is very interesting and gives one something to think about and begin using. I got my holster a couple of days ago and have been wearing it with my XDM2 (unloaded) while I worked around the house. Its 98% comfortable. I still have to go and apply for my CCW permit before I can walk out of the house wearing it. Thanks for sharing. Write anytime. Have a great day!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't see it mentioned, but here is a popular thing to do when first carrying... I did it too.

Have the magazine loaded, but do not have a round chambered. That way if the trigger were to be pressed, all you get is a click, no bang.
The striker indicator can also be a bit of reassurance in this case. You can touch it any time you like. "Yup, gun still hasn't fired itself." After a while of carrying this way, you are likely to feel confident with a round chambered. If you desire to.

Many folks will say it is the only way, but it's your firearm and you can make that decision. As I'm sure you have heard, "Keep your booger-hook off the bang-switch."

Have fun, man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts