Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Daniel Montgomery. I am a Security Officer employed by an international firm and working in the Charleston, SC; USA area.

Recently, I bought a used XD9 Service model (Bi-tone, to be specific). I wanted a 9mm around the $500 range and had brought the decision down to the S&W SD9, the Ruger SR9 and the XD9. Firing side-by-side made the final decision for me.

The S&W is a light gun that felt wonderful in the hand, but I suppose because of it's weight, the recoil was very apparent. The Ruger felt very similar to the XD, but I found myself losing the sights on the black target (bifocals).

I could shoot the XD all day.

I am in the middle of some unrelated training now but when finished with this program I go for my SC CWP and SLED Levels 2 & 3 card (Armed Officer).

Glad to be here and hope to learn alot.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Florida. And good luck!

·
Premium Member
127,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Daniel.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome from Westerville (suburb of Columbus) Ohio.

The Charleston area is beautiful. Been to the Sanctuary to golf at Kiawah a couple of times and always have to go into Charleston and enjoy the wonderful food and fun downtown area.

·
Premium Member
21,689 Posts
hello there

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk!

I have an XD9 myself which I just recently purchased a few months ago... No regrets:)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum...:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts