Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seems to drop-in fine without the need for any fitting. But to be certain, is there anything I should look for/examine? Barrel drops in slide cleanly, no binding - front or rear, side to side. I can flip it up, flip it down. pop it out, the slide locks back no problem, dummy rounds feed fine....does it seem all is well? I guess the true test will be at the range.

I had Frank at EFK do a matte vs. shiny finish. Sweet! :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigA said:
What was wrong with the factory barrel?
Nothing. I wanted a stainless steel barrel (for maximum rust prevention - I go to some strange places and EFK has a good rep for the $. And no more worn blueing on the breech requiring polishing making the barrel more succeptible to rust under harsh conditions. Call me finicky. :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SteveW1958 said:
Wanna sell the factory barrel. I've a got a 357sig service, just itching for one.
LOL. Steve, no I think I will hold on to it for now. But I'll let you know. :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BigA said:
Just wondered if something happened .I wouldnt mind having a 357 drop in.
No, it was a valid question. Most folks aren't quite as "anal" about their stuff as I am. Right now I am accessorizing a Remington 870 Police Magnum shotgun. I have already spent more on accessories than what I paid for the gun. The challenge is keeping all this from my wife. :wink:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ya can't blame a guy for trying. :wink: I've been putting off ordering a barsto, maybe next week my dealer is trying to get a better price on one from them.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Photos were taken after 100 rounds of flawless shooting. Accuracy was superb. I am impressed and best of all, this barrel was completely drop-in. Zero modifications required. I did polish the feedramp, throat ,and hood but that's optional - something I routinely do because it makes me feel good. :) #4 wet/dry paper, followed by #6, followed by #8 and then a little rub down with a dremel felt tip and Flitz polishing compound. Smooth and bright and with the full concurrence of Frank at EFK. I especially like the matte finish done by Frank at my request. Looks more "tactical" vs. shiny stainless steel. :)

For the money, I think the EFK after-market barrels represent a good value.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts