Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why didn't you get the longer factory mag with the matching extension? They have extra capacity.
Two reasons:
1. I have two 5 round mags that came with the gun - adding an extension to them is the only way to get +1 rounds.
2. The 7 round extended mag from Springfield is way too long for this gun. In my opinion, it defeats the purpose of having a compact 45.

The perfect answer would be Springfield selling a 6 round mag for the XDs 45, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New SA 8 round magazine XDTalk Forums

Coming soon if the 9mm is already on the guns store shelves the .45 can't be far behind...
Yeah, I had posted in that thread. I do hope they come out with 6 round .45 mags - I'll definitely buy a pair of 'em.

I still have two 5 round mags though, so these extensions are the only way to +1 'em. Hoping to get to the range this weekend and test it out.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Free shipping and only $11 I grabbed 2 I cannot wait to try them out and see if they work on the 7 rounders. If SA ever makes 6 round mags I will get one then these might jest be for range use and 8 rounds.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I still believe this is the best solution until SA comes out with a factory 6 rounder - Logman's modified 6 rd mags.
With Talon grips, TFO's & Pistol gear's extended slide stop it really is a great package.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Do that have a 9mm version?

·
Registered
125 Posts
No offense to anyone, but the Impactguns extension is huge & UGLY. I understand aesthetics are not a prime consideration with CCW guns, but come on, that thing looks like it was designed by a second grader. Does not look like it does much for concealability either.

Reactions: mbquimby

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No offense to anyone, but the Impactguns extension is huge & UGLY. I understand aesthetics are not a prime consideration with CCW guns, but come on, that thing looks like it was designed by a second grader. Does not look like it does much for concealability either.
No offense taken here, it is ugly, really ugly! It's $11, delivered. If it works, it's worth every ugly penny. They could have spent more on aesthetics, but then it would cost more. It's a nice way to tide things over 'til SA starts shipping the 6 rounder 45 mags anyway.

I might try rounding off the edges a bit just to see if I can't make it a little less blocky.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.