Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why didn't you get the longer factory mag with the matching extension? They have extra capacity.
Two reasons:
1. I have two 5 round mags that came with the gun - adding an extension to them is the only way to get +1 rounds.
2. The 7 round extended mag from Springfield is way too long for this gun. In my opinion, it defeats the purpose of having a compact 45.

The perfect answer would be Springfield selling a 6 round mag for the XDs 45, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New SA 8 round magazine XDTalk Forums

Coming soon if the 9mm is already on the guns store shelves the .45 can't be far behind...
Yeah, I had posted in that thread. I do hope they come out with 6 round .45 mags - I'll definitely buy a pair of 'em.

I still have two 5 round mags though, so these extensions are the only way to +1 'em. Hoping to get to the range this weekend and test it out.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Free shipping and only $11 I grabbed 2 I cannot wait to try them out and see if they work on the 7 rounders. If SA ever makes 6 round mags I will get one then these might jest be for range use and 8 rounds.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you get grip tape from prp they give you extra that you could put on to the extension it makes it look more apart of the gun. I've seen pictures.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you get grip tape from prp they give you extra that you could put on to the extension it makes it look more apart of the gun. I've seen pictures.
Good idea - if I ever go with grip tape I'll definitely do that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I still believe this is the best solution until SA comes out with a factory 6 rounder - Logman's modified 6 rd mags.
With Talon grips, TFO's & Pistol gear's extended slide stop it really is a great package.

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Do that have a 9mm version?

·
Registered
125 Posts
No offense to anyone, but the Impactguns extension is huge & UGLY. I understand aesthetics are not a prime consideration with CCW guns, but come on, that thing looks like it was designed by a second grader. Does not look like it does much for concealability either.

Reactions: mbquimby

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No offense to anyone, but the Impactguns extension is huge & UGLY. I understand aesthetics are not a prime consideration with CCW guns, but come on, that thing looks like it was designed by a second grader. Does not look like it does much for concealability either.
No offense taken here, it is ugly, really ugly! It's $11, delivered. If it works, it's worth every ugly penny. They could have spent more on aesthetics, but then it would cost more. It's a nice way to tide things over 'til SA starts shipping the 6 rounder 45 mags anyway.

I might try rounding off the edges a bit just to see if I can't make it a little less blocky.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got mine and it is a decent piece. The sharp edges on the back kinda sucked but a little sand paper and I was able to blend them in a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So does the 6 round mag extension from Impact come with a new mag spring or do you use the factory mag spring from a five rounder?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts