I personally like the Federal FMJ the best for range shooting. Blazer is okay too but I wouldn't put WWB in a Satuday night special. That stuff is filthy and not that much cheaper anyway. I have even used those aluminum cased rounds a couple of times but I don't find them as accurate. I use the expensive federal jacketed HP for defense. I have never had a jam with my XDM regardless of the ammo.What have ya'll found to be the most consistent ammo to put through this pistol?
I have the .40 XDM
What is the best for use at the range -- (something a little cheaper in price or a good deal online??)
My ammo questions for all of the shooters here is:
1. Overall cheapest, dependable target ammo.
2. Least dirty ammo.
3. Place for best ammo prices.
4. Do you really save buying bulk?
5. How many rounds a month should justify reloading yourself?
6. Average time spent reloading 50 pistol rounds.
7. Average cost for 50 rounds you reload yourself.
8. How good usually are off the shelf reloads?
Zero failures in 1300 rounds - mostly Winchester White Box and Blazer Brass from Wal-Mart. The last 250 rounds were a 250 round box of Remington UMC also from Wal-Mart. Not all Wal-Marts sell Blazer Brass though I've been told. I bought two 50 round boxes of Blazer Brass two days ago for $12.48 each.